Do you possess a broad understanding of the animal feed / nutrition industry? Do you have 10 or more years’ experience in sales and marketing? Can you develop strong work relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers? Are you a creative thinker who can work autonomously to build a strong business? If you said yes to all of these questions, AND, you are detail oriented with a proven track record in leading and managing a sales team, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and management for the sale of the specific product groups. Those areas will include all marketing initiatives and strategies for that product line including, but not restricted to, customers, products, geography, technical training or facility based marketing initiatives. The Technical Sales Manager will be evaluated on several key operating metrics including but not limited to Technical Sales Manager Individual Revenue and GM contribution, increasing overall product group Revenue and GM contribution, technical sales support to the broader team, and key working capital metrics including inventory levels, and A/R.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Expertise in leveraging CRM systems and sales pipelines
- Willingness to travel domestically and occasionally internationally, including overnights
- Must have authorization to be immediately employed within the United States on a long-term basis
- Ability to lead and develop a sales team
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant industry related field preferred (ex: animal science, animal nutrition, marketing, business management); Master’s/PhD is preferred.
- Significant industry related work experience
- Strong technical knowledge of poultry and swine
- Existing network in the feed industry – swine, poultry contacts a plus
- Demonstrated success achieving budgeted results
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Develop the annual Marketing Budget and the Marketing component of the Divisions Empower2021 5-year strategy
- Work closely with the Product Group Manager to develop and manage new and existing markets, customer and item strategies and related programs
- Contribute to and support Division Revenue and Profitability expectations by establishing an environment and foundation for growth
- Work with the Product Group Manager to identify and develop strategic alliances, exclusive agreements and grow major customer accounts
- Develop and implement a plan to achieve the sales budget and targeted individual products / programs
- Leverage technical knowledge and product expertise to create an Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition market advantage
- Develop and approve new products and processes in accordance with food safety and SQF policies and requirements
- Provide formulation expertise and ration balancing if and when needed for customer sales
- Develop research in the form of trials, studies, white papers, presentations to support the sales of products/services
- Build & maintain relationships with high priority end users and industry influencers in assigned territory to drive product sales
- Provide product training, technical support and stewardship, as well as participate in industry events to support the business and the business objectives
- Collaborate with team members to maximize the product group business results in both the short and long term in areas such as marketing, customer support, supply chain and regulatory
- Build the Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition brand into the position of market leadership in the market
- Identify new product/market opportunities for Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition to participate in the market with existing and future products/services
- Utilize KPI’s regularly to monitor/report progress toward goals and report on competitors, market conditions, etc;
- Identify and leverage market influencers (COI’s)
- Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition policies
- Responsible for training, leading and motivating a team of technical sales specialists
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- All applicable company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added nutrition ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides nutrition solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Training And Development