GDIT is seeking a Research Technician III in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio TX (NAMRU-SA). This position is responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge towards the solution of a broad range of theoretical and practical problems in the areas of hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bio effects, bioassay development, craniofacial, and infectious diseases.Specific laboratory research responsibilities include:
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Recommends changes to protocols and standard operating procedures for research under contract and for review by the Government.
- Modifies and plans research experiments, procedures, and tests.
- Coordinates the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated laboratory research studies, including maintenance of study records and activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI.
- Assists in research design.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Sets up, operates, modifies and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Assists the Government in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Provides additional functions incidental to research activities.
- Makes judgments concerning suitability of potential participants for research and/or clinical trials.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies for contract personnel, recommends changes to protocol for research under contract and for review by the Government, ensures regulatory requirements are followed and oversees work of more entry level contract personnel.
- Report on status of activities.
- Analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Conducts and supports surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping, ensuring specific pathogen free techniques; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Daily handle and restrain various small and large animal species.
- Maintains traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping.
- Conducts daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Assists the Government in coordinating animal procurement and shipping procedures; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Coordinates animal research work activities between Research Scientist, animal care staff, and research laboratory technicians.
Customer preferred - Associates degree with five years of experience, or Bachelors degree plus three years of experience, or Masters degree
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.