At Omatochi, we believe that seniors should have the choice to age at home when possible, but sometimes they need a little extra helpto do so. Our home health aides assist clients who live independentlybut need help to care for themselves or perform daily tasks such as cooking, cleaning, dressing, and bathing. They will also provide/assist with some social activities to keep the clients cognitively and emotionally engaged.
Most home health aides spend most of their time in their patients homes. They also spend a small portion of their time at the office to meet with their supervisors, attend meetings, upskill and regulatory training, and performother administrative office tasks, as required.
Since caregivers perform their jobs in other peoples homes, they must adapt to various living conditions. The ideal candidate will be patient and friendly with excellent communication skills. You should be able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to help clients.
- Help clients take prescribed medication.
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (doctors appointments, walks, etc.)
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Help clients complete physical therapy and other recommended exercises
- Do the clients shopping or accompany them when they shop if needed
- Perform light housekeeping duties that clients cant complete on their own, including preparing meals
- Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses, doctors, and family members
- Report any unusual incidents to nurses, doctors, and family members
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Previous caregiver experience preferred but not required
- Current CPR (American Heart Association) Certification
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking with attention to dietary constraints
- Must be respectful and compassionate with a suitable bedside manner
- Outstanding communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Physical endurance to complete required tasks
- Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation every single day
- Validated ability to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
- Available to work different shifts, including nights and weekends
- Prior experience in healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (minimum of 1 year)
- Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
- Take pride in providing high-quality care
- Hoyer Lift Experience (specific to client)
Omatochi, a home care agency, helps advanced-age adults make a smooth transition to a serene stage of senior living. Our exceptional in-home care combines with the right technologies in a family-focused approach, yields family involvement, and provides peace of mind.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.