To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
Icor Associates • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Plumbing FireProtection Engineer
ICORConsulting Engineers is currentlyseeking an experienced Senior Plumbing Fire Protection Engineerto join our team in Iselin, NJ 08830.
Who we are:
ICOR Associates wasfounded in 2002 by Partners and senior staff from one of the world’s leadingconsulting engineering firms. Our goal was simple, to create a company with asingle-minded focus on the needs of our clients. Toward that end, we haveselectively assembled a staff of professional engineers and designers withunparalleled experience and management skills.
As a crucial part of the design team, this individual willwork along-side other professionals and clients to design plumbing and fireprotection systems for high-rise residential and commercial office buildings,health care facilities, theaters and education facilities in the Tri-State areawith a focus on NYC projects.
- Develop and evaluate systemconcepts and options to determine best design and engineering solutions foreach project based upon project scope.
- Master plan plumbing and fireprotection systems and space requirements for same.
- Develop design documents for building sanitary, waste, vent, domestic water, storm water, sprinkler/standpipe systems. This will include preparation of engineering calculations, equipment selections, layouts, risers and specifications.
- Coordinate with other design team members including architects, structural engineers, HVAC and electrical engineers to ensure plumbing and fire protection systems are integrated with all trades on subject projects.
- Review construction shop drawings and respond to construction RFIs.
- Interface with clients on a regular basis.
- Perform systems analysis and prepare reports and studies.
- Attend design team meetings as required.
- Work with leadership to manage design manpower.
- Represent the company in a professional manner in all dealings with owners, architects, vendors, other design professionals and contractors.
- Enhance the firm’s reputation by embracing and responding to internal and external client requests.
- Demonstrate core values and serves as a role model/mentor to all firm members.
- Continually update on-the-job knowledge and technical expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in technical organizations, and obtaining certifications in area of expertise, and participating in the firm Technical Committee as requested.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant design experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from an accredited engineering program or equivalent experience is required
- Professional Engineering license (P.E.) is preferred, or we will assist in obtaining.
- LEED Accreditation is desirable, or we will assist in obtaining.
- Experience with Passive House design or Enterprise Green Communities is a plus.
- Certifications in areas of expertise are preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards in NY, NYC and NJ.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, decision making and analytical skills
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to consistently set goals, meet deadlines and flexibly adapt to dynamic project environments
- Proficient in AutoCAD, experience with Revit is preferred
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations
- Extremelycompetitive salary; commensurate with experience and education
- Performance-basedbonus and growth opportunities
- Comprehensivebenefits package including health care insurance, Dental, Vision and Lifeinsurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button