To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockford, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA
Symbria, Inc. • Rockford, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Symbria is currently seeking a Full-Time Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to add to our Rehabilitation team at Wesley Willows, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Rockford, IL.
For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
Administer treatment programs outlined by the licensed Occupational Therapist, participate on interdisciplinary rehabilitation team in a post-acute rehabilitation environment, and contribute to all group programs provided by the rehabilitation services department. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.Responsibilities
- Obtain necessary background information from assigned patient’s charts.
- Assist supervising licensed Occupational Therapist in obtaining specific evaluation data within areas of established expertise.
- Seek assistance from supervising licensed Occupational Therapist to obtain evaluation data outside Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant expertise.
- Establish appropriate short and long-term goals within areas of treatment expertise for assigned patients, and select and adapt treatment techniques to meet established goals and meet individual patient needs.
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and family as indicated.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Administer the prescribed Occupational Therapy program to restore and maintain maximum functions and present disability. The following modalities may be used for this purpose:
- Therapeutic exercises and activity for upper extremity function.
- Therapeutic exercises and activity for sensory and perceptual skills.
- Exercises and activity to improve coordination.
- Instructions in self-care, including light hygiene, bathing, dressing, transfers, eating, homemaking, and instruction in leisure time activities, education in body mechanics, work simplification and joint protection.
- Able to maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance client care.
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience preferred.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.