Position: Marketing Director
Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Vice President
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of service
Tröegs Brewery is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Marketing Director is responsible for the execution of the marketing strategy of the company leading a cohesive effort that best positions the brewery strategically in the market. The Marketing Director will be the primary developer and steward of the annual marketing plan, budget and dynamic marketing calendar, and work closely with the VP of Sales to ensure all marketing activities are backed up with a strong sales component to contribute to the overall success of the brewery. Within the annual marketing plan, the Marketing Director will develop and manage integrated events and media strategies, including advertising, social, and PR. The Marketing Director must be able to work independently, be creative, manage the annual marketing budget, and have the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Key Focus Areas:
- Works closely with the executive team in setting the strategic vision and annual objectives for marketing the company, and once set, develops and successfully executes the annual marketing plan, budget, and calendar.
- Develops and executes effective marketing programs that drive brand awareness, build a community of active Tröegs fans, educate our customers and support our wholesaler partners.
- Works closely with the VP of Sales to effectively develop wholesaler relationships and support for the annual marketing executions.
- Presents with the VP of Sales at strategic sales meetings for highest volume wholesalers, detailing marketing campaigns and how they relate to sales strategy.
- Oversees the brand and marketing relationship between the brewery, tasting room and general store ensuring the overall integrated marketing efforts and branding is consistent across the company.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Within the annual marketing plan, the Marketing Director develops and manages integrated events and media strategies, including advertising, social, and PR.
- Plans and executes the Tröegs strategy for special events, beer festivals, brewery events, etc.
- Serves as the primary source of information to team members, wholesalers, retailers and customers for marketing efforts both within and outside the brewery.
- Collaborates with brand portfolio committee on product specifications such as style, flavors, and packaging, pricing, promotion and distribution
- Evaluates the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develops and manage campaign KPIs aligned with business goals.
- Assesses and creates strategic business and community partnerships.
- Leads a cohesive marketing approach through communication with all areas of the company.
- Confers with potential customers regarding product needs and advise customers on products to purchase
- Assesses marketing potential of new and existing markets, considering statistics and expenditures
- Ensures all public relations activities are compliant with local, state and federal regulations as well as aligned to Tröegs Brewing Company goals and objectives.
- Coordinates with finance for compliance.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements as appropriate.
- Directly supervises co-workers in the Marketing Department (with direct reports as assigned), and is involved in hiring decisions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the brewery’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training co-workers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining co-workers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Clearly defines and communicates goals and objectives for marketing team.
- Oversees the daily activities of marketing leaders and/or staff.
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Marketing or similar field with a minimum of ten (10) years progressive marketing and management experience in the food/beverage/CPG industry.
- Proven track record managing and leading marketing projects and rollouts.
- Exceptional communication skills including, but not limited to, written, spoken, presentation, inter-personal and rapport-building.
- The ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiating, and people management skills required.
- Must be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- This is a brewery-based position.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate–controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of things you might encounter when at the brewery:
• Hot water
• Pressurized vessels
• Loud working areas
- Beverage Products
- Computer Literacy