Have you considered being a Bus Driver in your community? Now’s your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
At First Transit we make a large impact in our community everyday! Everyday our drivers serve the Grayslake community by providing safe and reliable transportation. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors’ appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! If you love helping people and driving – come work for us! We offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off, paid holidays and paid sick time
- Make extra money with overtime opportunities
- $14.85 / HR Starting Wage
- $1,000 Sign On Bonus*
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible Schedule- part time work available to fit your needs!
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You’ll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the Grayslake service areas
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Are willing and able to obtain your CDL
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver’s license for at least 5 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to background check, drug test, and physical
First Transit provides easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities - That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
*Offer expires December 31, 2019; See location for details!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.