Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally, works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary (describe the nature and purpose of the position)
As a member of the Corporate Vacation Ownership (VO) Human Resources team, he/she supports the SVP Global HR Operations, AVP HR Corporate, and the VO Global HR Operations leadership team and works to carry out general HR operations, and assigned HR projects. Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of the Corporate VO team and enables business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc.).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Support the Global HR Operations Team - SVP Global HR Operations, VPs HR Operations, and AVP HR Corporate in the following key areas:
Manage Data Administration
- Validate the accuracy of HR data, facilitating both proactive and reactive data clean-up exercises.
- Performs data entry procedures in the following areas and under the direction of the manager: data management, associate and manager self-service, and response to associate questions related to data.
- Supports the team with on-going reporting requirements and the preparation of material for presentations.
- Maintain distribution list, Global and Regional Operations List.
- Create and maintain Organizational Charts for Global and Regional Operations.
- Performs and facilitates data corrections and assists with coordination and follow-up with ASC/COE.
- Ensures that data is entered, updated and maintained correctly and accurately within the system.
- Performs audits to ensure data is accurate and facilitates appropriate data corrections.
- Provides documentation on issues and works collaboratively with all vendors and internal company divisions toward timely resolution.
Recruitment and Hiring Process
- Assist with coordination of Talent Acquisition requirements for Corporate VO operations and assist with communications to support with the onboarding of VO Corporate new hires in the absence of HR Coordinator/Partner.
- Be the backup for the AVP HR Corporate, participates in Talent Acquisition staffing updates, and assists in obtaining SVP HR approvals for hiring decisions.
- Assists with the candidate identification and selection process as required.
- Provides subject matter expertise to managers regarding recruitment and selection procedures.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
- Prepare compensation proposals in compliance with compensation programs as established by the Compensation COE. Will consult with Compensation Analyst and AVP HR Corporate accordingly.
- Advises and recommends appropriate compensation actions/adjustments to attract, retain and motivate employees to VO managers.
- Partners with AVP HR Corporate and Compensation COE on non-management pay administration guidelines, including annual performance/merit increase guidelines.
- Partners with AVP HR Corporate and Compensation COE on issues relating to wage parity/analysis.
- Supports the HR Corporate team with timely responses to unemployment claims; reviews provider requests for accuracy and liaise with the Associate Relations team on reallocations and/or queries are required.
- Assist in preparing documentation for hearings, as necessary.
- Prepare and consult with VO management representatives for attendance at hearings and attend as necessary.
- Supports the maintenance, upkeep and modification of HR systems and/or records.
- Ensures internal controls are established related to employee master records and employee time files, and that these controls are maintained and monitored on a continuing basis.
- Prepares required reports to government agencies, insurance companies and other organizations; has reporting and compliance responsibility by overseeing filing of these documents.
- Collates information for the above: processing, producing reports, journals and filing.
- Conducts training, when appropriate.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires in the company’s onboarding programs.
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels (e.g., develops communications and assists with regularly scheduled meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, checks for supportive documentation. Escalates to SVP / AVP as appropriate.
- Utilizes an "open door" policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the appropriate corporate HRBP.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct associate accident investigations, as required.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices for Corporate VO Operations
- Ensures associate files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing associates’ files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Partner with the ASC Leave Administration team to ensure medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Liaise with the HR Corporate onboarding team Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).
- Audit the I-9 Verification, filing and audit processes, and the issuance of MVW onboarding documentation.
- Assist with the review of compliance reports (e.g., ISPT, FCPA, COVID attestations etc.).
- Audit areas to ensure HR related compliance posters are current and visible.
Generic Candidate Profile
- Support with Global HR Operations Team initiatives as assigned.
- Liaise with HRIS team on reporting-related research in support of VO activities.
- Oversee IT support projects for the VO HR Corporate and Field team (e.g., the annual hardware refresh program, HR SharePoint, site Kiosk’s operations/reporting etc.)
- Manages/oversees projects in support of Global HR Operations Team, as assigned.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually, a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile (the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
Education / Experience
- College degree or 4 years of experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area. Masters-level qualification an advantage.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year of experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- Is a team player but with the ability to perform independently under general supervision.
- Is results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data.
- Mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to deal with conflict.
- Proven ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while delivering high-quality deliverables to multiple customers and competing priorities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and to collaborate effectively with Human Resources colleagues from different countries and cultures.
- Displays the necessary integrity/discretion for dealing with sensitive payroll data.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint skills and ability to build PowerPoint Presentations and Excel Analysis and reporting.
- Data entry skills required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to effectively address all levels of the organization.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.