Job ID: 1056620
We are a growing respiratory company specializing in treating the most challenging respiratory patients inside the home by pairing the best in class technology & equipment with the clinical care of a full-time Respiratory Therapist. Our mission is to educate, nurture, and inspire our patients to lead better lives.
Our Disease Management program has earned national attention, making us the number one independent ventilation provider in the United States. In recent random studies of our patient population, we have shown a 30-day COPD re-admission rate of 5.7% compared to the industry average of 20-22%*. Over 93% of our patients share that they actually “Breathe Better” on our treatment program!
While our Respiratory Therapists provide the highest level of clinical care and support for our patients, our Respiratory Sales Representatives work in conjunction with healthcare decision-makers to ensure a comfortable transition for the patient from the hospital to their home. This achieves better management of the length of stay and re-admission rates to hospitals, which reduces costs for patients and brings personalized clinical care directly to the patient from the comfort of their own home.
We are currently experiencing explosive growth throughout the country! We are actively seeking dynamic individuals to join our VieMed family. If you are self-motivated, energetic, and career-minded, Viemed could be the company for you!
This position is a field-based, business development, hands-on clinical sales position that requires a candidate with the drive and skill to be a patient advocate, and positive representative of VieMed. This position is responsible for identifying & initiating one-on-one dialog with new potential referral sources and maintaining positive relationships with existing referral sources. They will leverage their clinical and sales expertise to design/develop cutting edge sales strategies to drive VieMed’s disease management program and respiratory products to new market potential to grow the business within the assigned territory.
The candidate will spend most of their time (80% or more) in the field: networking, building relationships, and educating referral sources* within the hospital on all the benefits of VieMed’s disease management program will improve the lives of their patients with Chronic Respiratory Failure. Hospital Referral Sources: Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Case Managers, and Social Workers.
Essential Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market VieMed’s disease management program to potential and existing referral sources
- Develop sales territory action plans and call strategies to maintain ongoing business with current accounts and apply working knowledge of clinical, consultative, and strategic selling skills to drive new market potential to grow the business within assigned territory
- Coordinate and provide educational presentations and in-services for healthcare providers
- Responsible for account activity, sales documentation, reports, and territory management
- Partners with all clinical, managerial, sales staff, and other internal departments within to promote and market our home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources to drive sales growth
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage
- Required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs
- Maintain a level of performance that meets or exceeds the sales quotas
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external referral sources geographically located within assigned territory
- Exhibits effective oral and written communication with physicians, location staff, patients, and all referral sources to ensure questions and concerns are processed promptly
- Ability to plan, implement, and execute strategies independently to achieve sales goals effectively
- Exhibit a sense of urgency for goal achievement with a strong commitment to results
- Builds relationships with referral sources, patients, and caregivers
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and territory management skills
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous, yet supportive of team efforts
The qualified candidate:
- Must be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well-connected and have established relationships with the Pulmonary, Critical Care, & Hospitalist physicians within the territory (required)
- Must be able to provide three letters of recommendation from Pulmonologist physicians (required)
- Must have a current, valid, active state driver’s license with a clean driving record and own reliable transportation is required
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background check
- VieMed requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with VieMed’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment.
- A proven track record of successful sales experience in a health care setting, and experience working with physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers, and social workers
- Two or more years demonstrated full life cycle healthcare sales experience from lead generation, educating the referral source, persistent follow-up, and follow through on all leads, issues, and success stories
- Two or more years of experience as a Clinical Liaison, preferably within the LTACH level of care
- Previous marketing and/or LTACH marketing experience
- Previous clinical experience preferred with demonstrated skills in clinical patient assessment
- Formal sales training preferred
Preferred Licensure & Education:
- The preferred applicant would be a Respiratory Therapist or Nurse with Adult Critical Care experience with business development/physician marketing experience or have a proven sales record in the local Home Medical Equipment market
- Clinical Licensure Preferred (RT, RRT, CRT, RCP, RN, LPN)
- Sales: This job operates in the field by calling on, marketing to both existing and potential referral sources:
- i.e., Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Hospitals, Case Managers, Social Workers, etc.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Uncapped Commissions
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Monthly Car & Cell Phone Allowance
- Fuel Card
- Marketing Allowance
- Life Insurance
- And Much More!
You will be expected to work during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please note this job description is not designed to cover and/or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Business Development
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care