The Rehabilitation Aide will assist the Office Coordinator and clinician by performing requested administrative and clinical duties. They will greet patients as they arrive to the clinic and work alongside the clinicians during treatment.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free
for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.Hiring Company: Athletico Physical Therapy
For more than 25 years we've been helping remove pain and discomfort from people's lives. Our patients trust in our expertise, which is why 98 percent would recommend us to a friend - because we were able to help make their lives better. - Athletico Physical Therapy, Better for Every Body
We started with one therapist trying to make a difference in his community. Our CEO and founder Mark Kaufman was a physical therapist and athletic trainer with a vision to help as many people as possible. He started by providing rehabilitation services for student athletes at various organizations, with his first two being Francis W. Parker High School and Chicago Lions Rugby. Through his work with these athletes, he recognized the need for a dedicated sports rehabilitation and physical therapy facility in Chicago which led to our first clinic opening in 1991. Years later - we've opened more than 400 neighborhood locations and added more services to help people of all ages recover from pains, strains and injuries. We employ more than 4,500 expert clinicians, athletic trainers and other team members. In addition to physical therapy, we also provide athletic training, occupational therapy, specialty programs and fitness services to high schools, colleges and professional sports teams. Our expertise also includes evaluating workers' compensation issues, like work conditioning, job-site analysis and ergonomic assessments.
Everything we do is focused around our core purpose of enhancing people's health and quality of life. When you choose us for your rehabilitation needs, you will discover our dedication to exceptional, compassionate care.Mission Statement:
Athletico's sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury.Job Description: Rehabilitation Aide
The Rehabilitation Aide will assist the Office Coordinator and clinician by performing requested administrative and clinical duties. They will greet patients as they arrive to the clinic and work alongside the clinicians during treatment. These duties will be conducted in compliance with state practice act requirements. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Prepares patients for treatments, assist during administration of treatments, and provides routine treatment
- Assists patient to put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints and slings, before and after treatments
- Safeguards, motivates, and assists patients practicing exercises and functional activities under the direction of professional staff
- Provides routine treatments, such as hot/cold packs, and other modalities such as Ultrasounds, Electrical stimulation, etc.
- Cleans work are and equipment after treatment
- May inventory and requisition supplies and equipment
- Washes linens/towels, folds and maintains linen cabinets
- Maintaining restrooms and other areas such as windows as needed. Restocks with paper towels, tissue paper, soap and supplies
- Assists office coordinator with answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Assist office coordinator with keeping track of both non-medical and medical supplies for the clinic
- Files paper work and charts as needed
- Previous Clinical Aide or Rehab Tech experience preferred
- High school graduate and or intern preferred
- Demonstrate interest in the rehabilitation field
- Energetic and a team player
- Able to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Complete tasks thoroughly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Patient/Client Satisfaction:
• Providing care/service that exceeds expectations Language Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills-written and verbal.
- Ability to clearly document all projects and manage production.
- Attention to detail and time management skills are required.
The demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
This position starts at $14/hour (Chicago locations), professional development, and plenty of room for growth. Location(s):
Multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area For more information about Skills for Chicagoland's Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com .
Attention To Detail
Functional Electrical Stimulation