Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) who is a self-starter, highly organized, is comfortable speaking with high ranking military personnel, and has a strong drive for quality. This position will support one of our highly regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth.
Client: Enterprise Government Integrator
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience
Clearance: Able to maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance with the DOD
- Ensure the overall health of the DODIN through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing and reporting the current status of the DODIN enabled CCMD Mission Essential Functions
- Coordination and situational awareness building to JFHQ-DODIN staff and Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA).
- Execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements, incident handling, triage of events, network analysis and threat detection, trend analysis, metric development, vulnerability information dissemination, and the DoD CNDSP methodology.
- Provide program leadership with situational awareness of all CWO activities across the DoDIN.
- Coordinate network defense operations with DoD Component
- Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA) and monitor and report effect of DCO-IDM operations on CC/S/A/FA missions.
- Able to travel 1-3 times a year for Joint Ops. Typically just a day trip.
- Active Top Secret clearance w/ SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility defined by using ones SCI within the past 2 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related discipline, AND 4+ years of related experience; OR Masters and 2+ years; OR 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- 8570 IAT Level II Compliant (Security+ CE)
- Experience in Computer Network Defense (Protect, Detect, Respond, Sustain), within Cyber Defense or Network Assurance environments in the DoD.
- Basic hands on experience with SEIM Tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, etc…
- Must have an understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors, and network vulnerability exploitation, to include the Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Experience working in federal cyber security environments supporting Battle Captains or NOC/SOC Team Leads
- Able to speak to experience consolidating intel and briefing leadership/upper military personnel
- Active CEH or CISSP
- Any certification in cyber security arena
- Past experience supporting DoD or DISA specifically
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)
Certified Ethical Hacker
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 969158
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile