RSM is looking for a driven Audit Manager to join our National Real Estate Practice within our Washington DC Metro offices. Our National Real Estate Practice serves public and private clients including real estate private equity funds, advisors, institutional investors and joint ventures, hotel and hospitality, developers, and owners/operators of commercial, retail and multifamily real estate. Our National Real Estate Practice provides for the opportunity to work and network with others on vibrant projects throughout the Firm. Being a part of the National Real Estate Practice will allow you to obtain exposure to the various lines of business within the industry including but not limited to cost segregation studies, purchase price allocation and other related valuation services, lease consulting and other specialty services.
* Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
* Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams
* Understand and utilize RSM's Audit Methodology
* Manage multiple engagements teams and prepare end-of-engagement evaluations for staff
* Understand skillsets and capabilities of Senior Associates and Supervisors and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
* Identify technical accounting matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed
* Supervise and review work product of Senior Associates and Supervisors and communicate audit status to clients periodically and assess resources needed for project completion
* Maintain contact with clients throughout the year to understand impact of significant developments in client's business and assess impact on current year audit engagements
* Develop others within the Firm through facilitating levels based or industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
* Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
* Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
* Understand RSM's lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
* Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
* Manage profitability of projects
* Ensure professional development through ongoing education
* Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm's standards and policies
* Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
* BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
* CPA or CA Certification
* 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
* Experience leading teams and mentoring associates
* Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
* A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
* Minimum of 4 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
* Previous experience auditing real estate and related organizations
* A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements
In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for
an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or participate in testing.
If you are located in New York, pursuant to current applicable law, you will be required to be vaccinated to enter the New York office and testing is not an option to enter the New York office.
Youwant your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where youare today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents andpersonality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as anindividual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for youraccomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decisionmakers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'llmove quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from yourfresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (Fasb) Certified