To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Mateo, CA 94401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Autobahn Motors • San Mateo, CA
Posted 1 month ago
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Autobahn Motors, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Service Manager Purpose:
The Service Manager is responsible for running an efficient and profitable service department. He/She will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and obtaining sales and profit objectives, and maintaining service records.
Service Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
- Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
- Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Attend managers meetings as requested.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affects service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA right-to-know.
- Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all service department staff.
- Direct and schedule the activities of all department employees.
- Provide technical assistance to employees as needed.
- Conduct meetings with department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest.
- Monitor technicians; payroll records.
Service Manager Qualifications:
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Three years of experience in an auto repair facility.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Excellent communication, supervisory, and managerial skills.
- Ability to operate the department at a profit according to dealership guidelines.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.