UP Health System - Marquette
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available!
Supervises and manages the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the UP Health System – Marquette
telecommunications infrastructure components ensuring that they are functional and meeting the
requirements of the hospital.
Monitor, troubleshoot and support an update the hospital and clinic IP phone systems
Deploy IP phones and other endpoints associated with the hospital and clinic phone systems
Support and troubleshoot hospital and clinic faxing
Educate hospital and clinic users on the use of the various phone endpoint devices.
Assist with user requests for phone system configuration changes (Moves/Adds/Changes/Deletes/Call Routing)
Utilize the hospital service management ticketing system to track requests and ensure task completion in a
Monitors and supports all hospital and clinic voice and data circuits to include voice/fax PRIs, SIP trunks, POTS
lines and layer 2 and layer 3 data circuits that are necessary to support hospital operations.
Create and update documentation of the hospital telecommunications infrastructure
Collaborate with hospital teams to determine the appropriate solutions for hospital requirements
Deploy, support and track hospital owned mobile phones and devices
Deploy, support and track hospital owned pagers
Install and support UPS power to telecommunications devices
Manage installation of new data and voice cabling in hospital facilities
Participates in project planning activities and meetings as needed
Support cellular and 800Mhz radio antennas and signal boosting equipment within the hospital
In collaboration with vendor, support the hospital-wide cable television network
*Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
Required SkillsLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• 4 years experience supporting enterprise VOIP phone systems (ShoreTel/MiTel/Cisco/Avaya) including the
configuration of hunt groups, auto-attendant, voice users and voice messaging (Preferred)
• 4 years of experience supporting L2 and L3 data and voice/fax circuits (PRI/SIP/POTS) (Preferred)
• 3 years of experience installing, terminating and testing structured cabling used for voice and data
• 2 years managing telecom vendor service and support agreements
• Experience managing and supporting pagers for an organization
• Experience managing enterprise mobile phone agreements
• Experience supporting large overhead paging systems
• Experience supporting IP security camera systems and related wiring
• Experience supporting door access control systems and associated wiring
• Experience supporting cellular and 800Mhz radio antennas and signal boosting equipment
• Experience supporting large-scale cable television service
Minimum Work Experience
4 years related telecommunications experience
- Access Controls
- Critical Thinking
- Electrical Wirings
- Hardworking And Dedicated