Accounts Payable SpecialistCompensation:
$19.55 to $26.75 hourly
Robert Half is currently seeking a Accounts Payable Accountant to join our team. This position is a vital element of the Texas Accounting Team as he or she will contribute to the successful day-to-day operations and long-term growth of Division Accounting overall. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills. This candidate will also have the ability to work under tight deadlines and provide a high level of customer service and analytics. This position will be based out of Downtown Houston, Tx. Might have some hybrid capabilities.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for preparing and processing weekly accounts payable invoices.
Responsibilities include vendor verification, review and posting of Accounts Payable transactions to accounting software while ensuring accuracy across multiple web-based platforms and data bases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and verify general ledger coding of accounts payable invoices
- Enter accounts payable into accounting system in a timely manner
- Prepare and distribute AP checks for payment
- Maintain vendor W-9 log
- Maintain and file accounting records both physically and electronically
- Assist the Director of Finance with financial reports as needed
- Assist with preparation and finance responsibilities for various audits
- Perform special projects as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 1 - 3 years' accounting experience in payables
- Familiar with Fund Accounting
- Proficient in Office 365
- Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting or similar accounting software
- Non-profit community services industry experience a plus
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounts Payable Clerk and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounts Payable Clerk for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis