Directs nursing care of the patients, and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision should be in accordance with current federal, state and local regulations governing our nursing center, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or the Director of Health Services, to provide that appropriate care for our patients is maintained.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Operation of oxygen equipment including turning off and on, changing cylinder heads, cleaning/replacing humidifier, and other as necessary.
- Operation of suction machine (oral) including cleaning, selection of appropriate suction catheter, and storage.
- Operation and use of manual respirator.
- Location and use of emergency equipment supplies (box and/or crash etc.).
- Operation of whirlpool.
- Operation of scales.
- Operation of glucose monitoring devices, calibration, and cleaning etc.
- Use of electronic thermometers (oral/rectal and ear).
- Delivery of medications (setting up, rotating, charting, ordering, giving to patient etc.).
- Ordering and use of stock drugs.
- Administration and documentation of insulin.
- Use and delivery of PRN medications.
- Use and delivery of topical treatment application (eye, ear, nose etc.).
- Use delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
- Receive drugs from pharmacy in accordance with established procedures.
- Application of sterile dressings.
- Operation and proper use of pressure reduction surfaces.
- Use of oral airway.
- Knowledge of isolation procedures (when to implement etc.).
- Delivery of enemas (S & S, and fleets).
- Insertion, irrigation and routine care of male/female catheters.
- Delivery of tube feedings (insertion, flushing, proper amounts etc.).
- Knowledge of procedures and ability to determine Advance Directive status for patients.
- Collection of lab specimens and interpreting results.
- IV implementation and administration.
- Knowledge of seizure precautions and administration of IV medication during a seizure.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rate.
- Chart information regarding patient: progress, aliments, medication, symptoms, and observations.
- Administer medications.
- Discuss with supervising nursing staff the progress of patients and how to proceed with care.
- May be required to assist physician in patient rounds.
- Provide various treatments as recommended by the physician.
- Transfer or assist in transferring patients from bed to wheelchair.
- Perform physical assessments of patients under the RN’s direction
- Draw blood and obtain fluids to submit for lab work.
- Assist in passing out trays to patients and assist in feeding.
- Provide hands on assistance in department functions as necessary.
- Record and monitor progress of patients and communicate to physicians.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Assistants.
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of two (2) years previous bed side nursing experience MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Preferred experience in nursing administration.Job:
Apr 22, 2021, 2:58:57 PM
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Blood Pressure
- Irrigation (Health)
- Wound Dressing