JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for maintaining ongoing daily communication and follow-up with assigned host customer to ensure retail accuracy and distributions are properly loaded; gathering and disseminating information for the external and internal customer; and providing item authorizations and coordination of store issue resolution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Coordinate the distribution information from customer, vendor and divisions to be used in order to properly load distributions into McLane distribution system.
* Communicate to McLane Divisions on retail changes, item authorizations, program additions, new store openings and sales promotions that the customer plans to make or execute within a specific time frame.
* Coordinate, input information as necessary and communicate to both the customer and division on resets, plan-o-gram changes, QUASAR maintenance, order guides changes, delivery schedule changes/additions, cost change information and new item information that promotes a better working relationship between McLane Divisions and the customer.
* Review all QUASAR item maintenance, test bills, daily and weekly out of stocks reports and Mpulse reports as well as provide information from document direct as needed to aid our customer in decision making.
* Address any stores or customer headquarters account issues that pertain to issue resolution, feedback requests and division support to resolve customer conflicts.
* Review and communicate SKU management reports quarterly with customer to insure the right item mix for stores, deletion of slow moving items, increased sales and provide feedback to division to ensure completion of SKU management practice.
* Develop an ongoing dialogue with divisions that promotes idea sharing, faster customer communication, team building and issue resolution for our customer's benefit.
* Prepare a weekly recap letter to pertinent divisions and corporate operations of customer activities and opportunities.
* Maintain a good relationship with customers, Division personnel (assigned Customer Service Representatives, Area Sales Managers, Customer Service Managers) and the Corporate Buying Group.
* Communicate all customer promotions to Divisions and Corporate Purchasing providing them with expected movement increases so they can ensure adequate inventory in all divisions.
* Pull and review divisional out of stocks and communicate to appropriate Divisional and/or Corporate Buyer specific item needs.
* Review order guides with customer category managers and then Division Customer Service Representatives.
* Conduct telephone meetings with store personnel and the Divisions' assigned Customer Service Representative's and in some cases Areas Sales Managers.
* Provide the customer with reporting and cost changes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a Bachelors
* Have 2-5 years sales and/or customer service experience.
* Internal candidates should have a minimum experience in McLane Company of not less than 2 years.
* Be able to learn McLane applications including the Distribution System and QUASAR, McLane's Analysis and Reporting Tool and Document Direct.
* Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint PC programs.
* Be able to work with and communicate with many different reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store managers), drivers, customer service, and peers.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Be able to travel as required.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass an experience verification, drug screen and criminal background check.
* The work conditions are primarily being an office environment.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Identify Customer Need
Utilize Selling Skill
Develop Product Knowledge