For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Writes or updates software specifications.
- Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
- Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
- Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
- Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
- Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience
- Technical knowledge of Oracle Forms and Reports, libraries, objects, menus JAVA, SOA, WEBSERVICES, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, Subversion, Hostbridge, SQL, UNIX
- Expertise in Java development, analysis, architecture, multi-threaded programming
- Expertise in Web Services (incl. security), SOA, Event-Driven architectures, JSF, Spring, MVC framework, JPA, Amazon S3, WAS, Tomcat
- Unit testing frameworks
- Load Testing frameworks: JMeter, LoadRunner, Selenium
- Databases: Oracle
- Application servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat Technical expertise in writing and tuning complex SQL Queries.
- Technical expertise writing and tuning PL/SQL.
- Expert knowledge of the Unix operating system and shell scripting
- Technical expertise of Oracle database objects, triggers, packages, functions, procedures, tables etc.
- Ability to create and execute test plans against customer requirements, to thoroughly test application
- Knowledge of software tools to manage application development and testing – Toad, SQL Developer,
- Expert ability to perform analysis of customer requirements and design technical solutions
- Ability to lead / mentor junior developers on development projects
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes and management tools such as VersionOne.
- Knowledge of and experience in an IT Service management System (preferably ServiceNow) and ITIL processes
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Sql (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)