To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moorpark, CA 93021
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Configuration Analyst I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Moorpark, CA
Posted 18 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Benchmark products and designs have been seen at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and in Hollywood. America’s women and men in uniform count on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe and our work is part of many of the commercial aircraft seen crisscrossing the skies. Products we engineer live inside some of the world’s fastest computers and are saving lives every day in hospitals and surgical suites around the globe. Benchmark is a world-leading, top-10 EMS provider of integrated electronic manufacturing services with total revenues exceeding $2.5B and with employees in 7 countries on 3 continents offering everything from product development to regional PCB build – including system level assembly in the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia. We provide service to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of computers and related products for business enterprises, medical devices, industrial control equipment (which includes equipment for the aerospace and defense industry), testing and instrumentation products, and telecommunication equipment, including Benchmark offers customers comprehensive and integrated design and manufacturing services from initial product design to volume production including direct order fulfillment and post-deployment services. Our precision technology manufacturing capabilities complement our proven electronic manufacturing expertise by providing further vertical integration of critical mechanical components. These capabilities include precision machining, advanced metal joining, assembly and functional testing for multiple industries including medical, instrumentation, aerospace and semiconductor capital equipment. Benchmark can provide specialized engineering services, including product design, printed circuit board layout, prototyping, automation and test development. We believe that we have developed strengths in the manufacturing process for large, complex, high-density printed circuit boards as well as the ability to manufacture high and low volume products in regions such as China, Malaysia, Mexico, Romania and Thailand. Our Moorpark, CA location is looking for a Configuration Analyst. The Configuration Analyst coordinates program engineering change control operations, analyzes process and maintains and follows up on engineering change documents with engineering groups and customer personnel.
Essential Functions and Competencies
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Record, classify and analyze engineering or software change requests for completeness and accuracy; Request additional information from originator, if required, and obtain all appropriate approvals
• Respond to inquiries from engineering personnel regarding the preparation of engineering and software change requests, proposal forms and related documents
• Maintain graphs and/or summaries showing the status and extent of completeness of engineering and software changes; Establish a follow up system to ensure that completion and release dates are in accordance with schedule
• Analyze final engineering or software change packages for compatibility with engineering requests
• Review change drawing or software documentation to determine that the change analysis requirements are in compliance with established company practices and the Configuration Management Plan
• Ensure that all unique customer documentation requirements are well documented in the on-line CM-Notebook, including but not limited to: Customer Contacts, Interpretation of Files, Data Receipt (Email/Paper/FTP/etc.), Assembly Marking Requirements, Programmed Devices (Marking and files), ECO Interpretation, Customer AML Process, Customer Drawing Interpretation and any Deviation from Standard BEI Practice
• May participate in formal reviews, such as Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and function and physical configuration audits
• All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
• 2+ years of experience in configuration/documentation
• Demonstrate understanding of the extended process of order receipt and entry, material procurement, order release, assembly, shipment and invoice payment
• Understand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools (Baan or equivalent) as they apply to the position
• Effective decision making skills as it relates to providing direction to the manufacturing floor and assigning priorities to meet customer goals and objectives
• Understand the extended process of return debits and credits, return receipt and routing generation, Process Feedback System (PFS) entry and order release, return/project cost analysis and return/project invoicing and shipment
• Communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
• Exercise discretion when representing the company in supply chain related decisions
• Effective planning, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to handle returned product following all appropriate handling and ESD guidelines
• Demonstrate confidentiality and the ability to represent the company in a professional manner
• Participate in a continuous improvement activity and apply related tools to function
• 4 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.