$33.25 to $38.50 hourly
Our client in Ashburn, VA is looking to bring a Data Center Technician on to their growing team. This person will need to have experience working on a data center's floor, interacting with team members to solve complex issues pertaining to fiber and copper cables, servers, and network equipment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Help maintain physical infrastructure including racking equipment, replacing hard drives and other system components
- Repair and troubleshoot defective equipment with minimal supervision
- Support datacenter's 24x7 staff to install new equipment, handle after hours emergencies and other tasks
- Help manage onsite inventory of hard drives, cables, rails and other spare parts
- RMA defective components
- Setup, test and activate new equipment via the Linux command line
- Help with projects to install new systems and services as time allows
- Follow and improve data center best practices and documentation
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work environment
- 3+ years experience with Data Center operations, hardware, and procedures
- Ability to run, pull, and test Cat5/6 cables
- Experience with racking and stacking servers, as well as configuration
- Experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and configuring of servers and network equipment
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Center Technician and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Center Technician for more information.
- Infrastructure Management
- Network Server
- Networking Hardware
- Problem Solving
- Self Motivation