From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be in Memphis, TN; Dallas, TX;
or McLean, VA, with Memphis being the preferred location.***
As a Principle Solutions Architect, you will be a strategic designer, responsible for planning progress and governing towards an enterprise wide architectural end-state that spans across different architecture domains and Technology. You will establish controls as part of the Corporate Systems Architecture team. This position is a critically important technical resource deployed within the context of business technology solutions in the delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of Hilton's world-class applications.
You will be responsible for the architectural and technical mentorship for Corporate and Back Office applications, as well as overseeing the day-to-day technology activities for ADM support vendors. The Principle Solutions Architect drives internal and external technology specialists and vendors in deep-dive architecture reviews. You will make technical development & design decisions to ensure the optimal outcome. Using good technical expertise and analytical skills, you will work closely with Application Managers, Enterprise Architects and multi-functional teams to assess the architectural impact of business requirements on underlying Hilton Worldwide technology capabilities and platforms, identifying risks and issues with appropriate mitigations
More specifically, you will:
- Set the architecture strategy (includes business architecture, application and product architecture, integration architecture, data architecture, and infrastructure architecture).
- Implement key leadership and expertise to IT in the development of a target future-state enterprise architecture. This includes supporting technology strategy and the delivery of project and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain an architecture roadmap based on business and IT strategy.
- Work with business partners and IT Architects to drive holistic technology implementations across product categories.
- Support Solution Architects in the development of technology roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain architecture standards, policies, and principles.
- Approve architectural designs to ensure compliance with standards and policies.
- Contribute subject matter knowledge at checkpoints in project and product approval.
- Approve technical architecture designs (as needed) and changes proposed to existing architecture.
- Support Solution Architect efforts to review and approve new vendors prior to contract signing and integration.
- Develop organization-wide architecture standards.
- Govern the technology environment.
- Understand, document, and describe complex technical subjects.
- Align business capabilities to IT solutions.
- Mentor colleagues on architecture frameworks.
- Drive innovation in line with architecture standards and strategy.
- Communicate architectural designs and standards to senior management, governance bodies, and key partners.
- Implement direction by executive management to ensure the overall strategic direction of the all architecture teams is consistent with and supported by Human Resources, Legal and Finance.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Execute directives of the Organization's mission, goals and objectives. This involves demonstrating through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership.
- Lead initiatives through the standard methodology from project approval to deployment.
- Lead internal and external partners in strategy/project initiation, architecture, requirements analysis, design, project management and systems integration activities.
- Work with the various internal IT groups to integrate solutions components (e.g., custom architecture, enterprise information), scope cost and timeline as well as understand implications on architecture.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership on software architecture and design to software development teams by referencing and enforcing standard methodologies and path.
- Monitor industry trends and identify standard methodologies to implement in-house.
- Manage effective partnerships with vendors, internal constituents and other groups to integrate solutions components (e.g., custom architecture, enterprise information) scope cost and timeline as well as assess/communicate impacts on architecture.
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership in solution architecture and design to external development teams.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strategic leadership and expertise
- Solid ability to mentor colleagues
- Ability to drive innovation in line with architecture standards and strategy
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate architectural designs and standards to senior management, governance bodies, and key partners
- Strong multi-functional communication and collaboration skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Twelve (12) years of professional experience in technology/related field
- Ten (10) years of experience working across multiple core IT practices
- Five (5) years of IT project management experience
- Five (5) years' experience in software/platform design and implementation
- Travel - up to 20%
- Knowledge of Software Development methodologies (e.g., Agile)
- Knowledge of Software Architecture principles
- Knowledge of Open Source Architecture
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree with six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Fourteen (14) years of professional experience in technology or related field
- Eight (8) years of IT project management experience
- Eight (8) years of Supervisory experience
- One (1) year of experience working with MS SharePoint, Office 365 administration or development
- Experience in Salesforce development
- Experience in API development
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!