The UX Researcher is expected to:
- Conduct typical UX research activities including but not limited to A/B testing, Benchmarking, Card sorting, Contextual enquiry, Data analysis, Ethnography, Eye tracking studies, Interviewing, Market Research, Focus Groups, Surveys, Task Analysis, Usability testing, User observations, User profiling, etc.
- Perform individual contributions as noted above, and also serve as a mentor for, but not necessarily lead, a team of highly talented and motivated UX Researchers and UX Designers.
- Foster a cross-disciplinary approach that utilizes design thinking concepts and embraces creativity, rigor, and data.
- Drive a user-centered design culture, innovation, and process improvements up, down, and across the organization.
- Lead highly collaborative "art of the possible" workshops for both internal and external customers through leveraging of design thinking concepts, brainstorming, and rapid prototyping.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to launch new products, features, and services on time and within budget.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a UX team in an agile, preferably SAFe, environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating extensive experience solving complex UX problems
- Exceptional collaboration skills. High degree of creativity, empathy, and passion.
- Stellar communication skills (storytelling, visualization, use of qualitative and quantitative data) to enlist support for initiatives and ignite enthusiasm to execute. Able to drive clarity on the largest and most difficult projects.
- Proficient in all of the following: Design Thinking, Agile, Lean methodologies.
- Proficient in all of the following: user research, interaction design, visual design, information architecture, front-end development.
- At least 6 years in a consulting or digital agency environment required
- Domain knowledge of health care, call center, or public sector preferred but not required.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses and industries, and ability to quickly grasp and make effective use of industry- and company-specific terminology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and leadership
- Ability to summarize and convey information to stakeholders and sponsors
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to influence others both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results
- Travel: Ability to travel as required up to 50%. Given the dynamic nature of the team and the need to be responsive to our customers' needs, some travel may be coordinated on short notice.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.