Directs and coordinates the Accounts Receivable functions to include Billing, Customer Payment Processing, Credit & Collections, and related Work Order to Cash Management processes. The Manager is responsible for supervising a team of four to six employees. which perform relevant general ledger account analysis and supports the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting activities of a public company. This position is essential to all Revenue generating businesses, the systems and workforce that deliver our products and services.
- Hires, trains, coaches, develops and evaluates employees through performance management, customer feedback, personal and team observations and feedback within the department.
- Manages accounts payable processing daily.
- Takes ownership for the monthly AR close process.
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncorrectable to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to the account.
- Develops/modifies reports daily for managers and other internal staff, ensuring information is meaningful, complete, accurate, and meets their needs.
- Maintains the monthly analysis of all general ledger accounts and manage the monthly reconciliation of other AR related accounts.
- Reviews and approves all processed invoices, credit memos and cash receipts ensuring that they are proper and being processed timely.
- Reviews collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and evaluates effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Review and approve all AR batches.
- Produce monthly key metrics.
- Establish work standards, develop objectives and design/maintain effective workflows and operating procedures.
- Develops policies, procedures and work instructions for review and approval of the Controller and will co-manage and/or recommend modifications to existing corporate policies, procedures, and internal controls as they relate to revenue and accounts receivables.
- Timely responds to inquiries.
- Participates in or leads special projects and research as assigned.
- Collaborates with members of other departments to assist them in meeting their objectives/initiatives.
- Directly supervises up to ten (10) full-time employees. Responsible for assigning and scheduling work, appraising performance, interviewing and hiring, disciplinary discussions and terminations. May be responsible for training, promotions and transfers.
- Attends conference calls, finance management meetings and staff meetings as needed.
- Partners with other departments to coordinate accounts receivable, and general ledger accounting as it relates to Accounts Receivable.
- Performs general clerical work such as filing, copying, mailing, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Salary: $66,700
Midpoint Salary: $83,390
Maximum Salary: $100,080
INCUMBENTS ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
- Expert ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues with demonstrated history of a commitment to ethics, honesty, integrity and credibility.
- Expert ability to provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain credibility and interpersonal relationships with diverse group of individuals (e.g., business leaders, colleagues, staff at all levels).
- Expert interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Expert ability to be resourceful and to research data/information including demonstrating advanced Accounts Receivable research skills.
- Expert ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Expert knowledge of accounts receivable and general ledger; working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures of general accounting.
- Solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Solid knowledge of accounting software (preferably Oracle).
- Solid ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
- Solid organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task; attention to detail; productive without compromising quality.
- Solid ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal customer expectations and resetting accordingly.
- Solid ability to organize, set agenda for and conduct meetings.
- Solid ability to manage conflict and resolve team member issues effectively and efficiently.
- Solid ability to negotiate and ability to clearly present ideas to influence outcomes.
- Solid ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Solid ability to work in a team environment along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Solid ability to be results-oriented that makes a difference, taking initiative to make things happen, accepts accountability and has a %26ldquo;can do%26rdquo; attitude.
- Basic knowledge of payroll.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Experience working in a variable pay environment is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to include v-Lookups, Pivot Tables and ability to quickly consolidate and summarize data from multiple sources and formats.
- Must be able to clearly communicate solutions and ideas. Including interactions with Customers and other stakeholders across the Organization.
- Must understand internal controls, preferably in a public company environment
- Must have experience working with a multitude of systems, not necessarily accounting based and show the ability to quickly learn, navigate and achieve objectives (i.e. run report/s, data extract, input data, build reports, etc.)%26mdash;application systems adept
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years comprehensive accounting experience required. Minimum of nine (9) years%26rsquo; experience may be substituted for previously stated education and experience.
Exempt Working Conditions
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Physical activity typically utilized in such a setting, working with standard office equipment (such as copier, phone and personal computers), light physical effort may be required by handling objects up to 20 pounds, occasional climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
- Work outside of normal business hours is possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles