Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) is on a path to revolutionize human hospitality in a digital world, the same way we defined hospitality from its early beginnings. We strive to deliver personalized solutions that inspire a passion for travel, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with whom we interact.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is virtual/remote.***
As the Guest Engagement Specialist - Luxury and Lifestyle, you will engage directly with Hilton guests calling our Luxury properties and help them reach solutions to their travel needs through sales/reservations and customer service. This is a work from home role within Hilton's Reservation Sales and Customer Support team and is perfect for someone who is willing to provide an elevated level of service to our Luxury guests.
As the Guest Engagement Specialist, you will serve as the first point of contact answering inbound calls for our Luxury properties. You will have conversations with our customers to understand their needs, answer questions, and provide personalized solutions. This means being able to perform various roles, based on training provided. This includes advising, selling, responding to inquiries/requests, and resolving customer issues/complaints.
Every call is an opportunity to build trust with our guests and convert every customer into a lifetime Hilton guest. You will live our Hilton values and HRCC tenets at every touch-point and will be empowered to create an effortless experience by providing the right solution(s) for each customer.
More specifically, you will:
- Adhere to the Luxury/Forbes protocols, which represent an elevated level of service for guests at Luxury properties.
- Deliver excellent service by answering back-to-back calls throughout your shift and responding in a friendly, timely, and consultative manner, using discovery principles to uncover customer needs and help them reach solutions.
- Demonstrate a high-level of accountability and engagement by identifying areas of opportunity to improve the customer experience and driving recommendations/solutions that enhance every interaction.
- Courteously acknowledge service failures and identify service recovery options in order to maintain customer loyalty.
- Build appropriate connections and trust with the customer to effectively counteract objections through negotiating and/or upselling and cross-selling.
- Utilize various resources that provide information on the property (e.g., location, promotions, transportation, etc.) to offer clear and accurate details to customers.
- Effectively use tools to respond to customer inquiries, including (but not limited to) reservation requests, Hilton Honors account/promotional information, service/stay related concerns, etc.
- Be receptive to feedback and apply performance improvement suggestions quickly.
- Develop an understanding of Hilton and partner offerings (e.g., timeshares, car rentals, credit cards, etc.), and then utilize that knowledge to maximize revenue through consultative selling.
- Demonstrate competency with meeting specific sales and customer service goals and metrics daily. Examples of required metrics and competencies include customer satisfaction scores, revenue generated per call, upselling, cross-selling, first-call resolution, communication, good judgment and customer focus.
Live Organizational Tenets:
Advocate relentlessly for the customer and share broadly
Build systems, processes, and training to deliver exceptional experiences
Celebrate and recognize successes
Trust each other and use good judgement
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Thinks and acts independently, uses good judgment, and builds rapport with customers
- Delivers great customer experiences, thrives in a virtual environment, and is invigorated by constant personal interaction
- Willing to learn and embrace Hilton values and HRCC tenets, which guide our unique style of service
- Takes ownership, is accountable, and takes initiative
- High-energy, positive, excellent communication and active listening skills, including speaking, reading, and writing fluently in English
- Strong sales and service skills and can influence customers
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule
- Can set up job-related computer equipment, run various computer programs, can troubleshoot, and fix issues independently. This includes being accountable for downtime related to technology issues and reporting outages in a timely manner.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years' steady job experience in a consultative customer service oriented and/or sales role
- One (1) year of successfully meeting specific metrics/goals in a performance-driven role, including high customer satisfaction scores, negotiating, overcoming objections, and/or upselling and cross-selling
- Three (3) months of experience with HRCC
- Performance metrics in excellent standing
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Prior experience with high-end clientele
- Previous experience with luxury hotels
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Drive Consumer Demand
Create Memorable Experience
Hypothesize Implicit Need