Account Manager – Business Insurance – Chesterfield, MO (MMA Upper Midwest)
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager on our Business Insurance team in St. Louis, MO.
What can you expect?
- Small agency feel with world class resources of an international corporation
- Committed, competent and engaged leadership at all levels
- Driven & entrepreneurial team-oriented environment
- Our Core Values: Innovation, Passion, Collaboration, Accountability, and Integrity
What is in it for you?
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- MMA University - 1000s of free courses and resources
- Certification & designation bonuses. Company-paid study time & testing fees
- Flexible work options
- Dress for your day
- Competitive compensation & benefits package including Paid Parental Leave & PTO for Volunteering
- Colleague Resource Groups and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And more!
The Account Manager assists Business Insurance Unit with timely and quality handling of new business, renewal business and customer service needs.
We will count on you to:
- Assist in monitoring and meeting deadlines for designated accounts and reviews new and renewals with Producer, Unit Manager and/or Account Executive.
- Gather and prepare submission information as appropriate to the account and coordinate the marketing process.
- Prepare proposals from information provided by Producer, marketer and quotes adhering to set deadlines.
- Bind coverage per agency binding guidelines for authority and prepare surplus lines documents as necessary to the account.
- Check policies for accuracy against applications, proposals and binding instructions. Request necessary corrections and follows through to successful completion.
- Promptly and accurately respond to client requests and oversee and/or prepare necessary documents.
- Conduct on-line rating and use of insurance analysis tools.
- Consistently strive to make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction.
- Assist production unit in special projects related to sales and/or servicing.
- Provide administrative support including photocopying, faxing, scanning for email and filing.
- Ensure confidentially of information acquired.
- Respond to client on all facets of customer service including coverage review, analysis and recommendations, quoting and securing coverage, and claims assistance with minimal guidance.
What you need to have:
- High School diploma or general education degree; some college or higher education preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in underwriting, rating and billing or prior insurance experience at an agency or related company
- 1-2 years’ experience providing customer service to commercial lines customers.
What makes you stand out:
- Sagitta Browser Experience
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursue dreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA, your future is limitless. For more information about our company, please visit us at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Account Manager - Business Insurance - Chesterfield, MO (MMA Upper Midwest)
- Claim Processing
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service