$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone.
The Consumer Medication Coordinator position at Genoa is an essential role that impacts the lives of an underserved population that needs a voice. This position is a liaison between a partner clinic and a Genoa mental health specialty pharmacy.
Primary responsibilities include building strong relationships with the clinic partners and communicating with consumers to assist them with their medication plan, insurance and the full services of the Genoa pharmacy. A key function will be promoting Genoa services to obtain new consumers and increasing the number of consumers Genoa serves.
- Communicates with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides
- Recruits and enrolls consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer’s insurance card
- Facilitates the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing
- Ensures all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed
- Assists consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions
- Assists clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed
- Monitors compliance by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer
- Checks for expiration dates (both on consumer’s medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensures that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc.)
- Checks for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc.)
- All areas of the job description are subject to state regulations and allowances. (CMC will receive a state specific document that shares state specific regulations and allowances)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Pharmacy Tech License for the state in which you are applying
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 8 paid holidays and generous PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Retirement Benefits
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacy Medication Coordinator, Medication Services, Prescriptions, Erie, PA, Pennsylvania