Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope. You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Basic Purpose: Senior Manager of Inclusion and Diversity
This position is responsible for leading and advancing the ongoing development and implementation of Inclusion & Diversity strategies which are critical to Quest Diagnostics business strategy, in partnership with executive, business, regional and HR leadership.
The ideal candidate collaborates with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the goals of the Inclusion & Diversity plan of action are aligned with the organization's mission and serves the needs of the organization. This position serves as the subject-matter expert responsible for ensuring that the Company achieves substantive improvements in its ongoing commitment to become a more inclusive place to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Establishing the conditions at Quest to create and deliver products and solutions that reflect the preferences, needs and values of a diverse consumer base and empower better health outcomes while driving desired business outcomes. Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders (Operations, Clinical Franchises, Marketing, Commercial, Communications and other business partners as appropriate) to:
• Develop, implement, and optimize external partnerships with professional associations and civic organizations & to enhance our reputation with emerging markets, identify untapped business opportunities and drive progress toward achieving desired business outcomes.
• Develop a supply chain strategy that supports diversity in our suppliers and partners to deliver best-in-class services.
Establishing the conditions at Quest to develop, champion and promote an inclusive workforce at all levels of the organization and position the Company as an employer of choice who values the unique, individual contributions of its employees. Collaborate with and influence HR Centers of Excellence to:
• Establish and implement a I&D recruiting strategy (i.e. Targeted Diversity Outreach, Diverse Candidate Slates, etc…)
• Establish and implement an I&D development strategy for diverse talent (i.e. Mentor/Sponsorship, scorecard, rotational programs, etc…)
• Enhance and engage an I&D engagement strategy for diverse talent (Employee Business Networks/Affinity Groups)
• Establish and implement a D&I succession-planning strategy for diverse talent (i.e. Talent Brokering between functional areas)
Harness the unique mix of abilities, talents, cultures, beliefs and experiences of our employees to create an inspiring and inclusive workplace and drive engagement, retention, and innovation. Collaborate and influence Leadership and other key stakeholders to:
• Build accountability for diversity and inclusion with business leaders enterprise-wide to demonstrate buy-in and commitment from leadership.
• Organically integrate Unconscious Bias and Cultural Competence curriculum into Organization Effectiveness Academies
• Leverage EBNs to engage employees in relevant initiatives that champion an inclusive and inspiring workplace.
• Develop internal/externa. communications/media strategy to highlight Quest’s commitment to inclusion & diversity
• Participate in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives that align with inclusion and diversity strategies
Supervision Exercised: None
Education: • Degree is Bachelor’s required Masters preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in Inclusion & Diversity function with effective results
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Cognitive ability to observe and interpret information, assess data, make an assessment and recall details as needed
• Ability to work independently and on a virtual team environment
• Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions and adjust priorities and focus quickly as circumstances dictate
• Effective communication (verbal and written), researching, drafting, proofreading, planning, organizational and computer skills.
• Strong, professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts
• Maintain composure under pressure
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving skills and ability to examine/observe details.
• Ability to follow through, meet deadlines, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, anticipate requirements and build relationships
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with virtual
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
• Concentrate on tasks
• Ability to make informed decisions
• Ability to learn and comprehend information important to the business
• Attention to detail, accuracy and listening skills
• Proven problem solving and follow up skills, with the ability to develop appropriate resolutions
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time as routinely found in an office environment
Technical Training or Professional Licensing
• Provide knowledge and expertise in the Inclusion & Diversity industries including trends, studies/publications, vendors, tools, external think tanks & memberships.
• Leverage Inclusion & Diversity data and insights, external benchmarking, human capital analytics and insights from key business partners to develop an Inclusion & Diversity strategy
• Have knowledge and experience with Affirmative Action Planning
• Create sense of urgency and influence around building a culture of inclusion and driving innovation and growth in our business
• Develop and lead change management associated with driving the new strategy throughout the organization.
• Proven experience and desire to be a “hands-on” leader.
• Experience shaping and implementing strategy
• Business mindset – internal and external, and analytical
• Comfortable handling ambiguity and fluid situations; demonstrating a pragmatic approach
• Ability to challenge the status quo
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentations
• Ability to collaborate, connect and influence executives and senior leaders
• A sense of urgency and ability to deliver outcomes
• Ability to lead change in a complex, matrix environment
Business acumen, Strategic agility, Drive for results, Decision quality, Managerial courage, Organizational savvy, influencing others, Developing direct reports, Dealing with ambiguity