Lennox International Inc. (NYSE: LII) is a 125-year-old, $3.8 billion company headquartered in Richardson, Texas. Lennox provides climate control solutions for commercial and industrial applications in more than 70 countries worldwide. The company designs, manufactures and markets a range of products for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) markets. Its products and services are sold through multiple distribution channels under brand names including Lennox, Bohn, Larkin, Chandler, and others.
Lennox operates in three segments: Residential Heating & Cooling, Commercial Heating & Cooling, and Refrigeration. The Refrigeration segment, also known as Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration (WWR), is a leading provider of commercial refrigeration systems and replacement parts in markets around the world. With segment revenues of approximately $535 million, its products are primarily used to preserve food and other perishables in supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants, warehouses, and distribution centers, in addition to other applications such as data centers, pharmaceutical, and industrial process cooling.
As a part of WWR, Heatcraft Refrigeration Products (HRP) generates revenue of ~$300 million. HRP is the long-standing leader in the world of commercial refrigeration, providing climate-control solutions to the North American market. Heatcraft’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the cities of Stone Mountain and Tifton, Georgia, produce evaporators, condensers, and other top-quality refrigeration products for its market leading brands.
HRP has long been known for combining innovative technologies with precision engineering to design refrigeration systems capable of meeting the demands of the most rigorous operating environments. HRP uses a team approach for every project, working in collaboration with its customers to create smarter, more useful products that fit their real-world needs. In fact, because Heatcraft’s primary goal is finding perfect solutions for every customer, a large percentage of its products are custom-built.Job Description
The Director of Information Technology (IT) serves as a key member of the HRP leadership team and reports operationally to the VP and General Manager of HRP, and functionally to the VP, Engineering and IT – Worldwide Refrigeration Segment.
This position will leverage a dedicated team and works closely with centralized and shared LII and WWR IT competency groups. The leaders of these centralized IT groups would be peers to this position. This role also receives key support from the Lennox India Technology Centre (LITC).
Key Responsibilities:Directs the HRP IT team and be responsible for the execution of the multi-generation systems plans (MGSP). This includes all major business IT systems/initiatives including e-commerce initiatives, supply chain and distribution systems, manufacturing systems, sales/marketing systems and all other major IT initiatives. Requires close collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Controls Engineering, and Supply Chain functions within the WWR segment.As a member of the Leadership Team ensures IT implementations deliver business value.Rigorously leads the IT stage-gate development process, while implementing continuous process improvements to accelerate the deployment of new IT systems, enhancements to existing systems, and other needed systems changes while maintaining the highest levels of systems availability and stability. Staffs the HRP IT team with the highest level of qualified and trained personnel necessary to deliver on company needs and create competitive advantage for the HRP business in the marketplace.Establishes goals and direction for the HRP IT team to ensure programs are completed thoroughly and on schedule within the Business Unit’s overall objectives.Embraces and drives a culture of process improvement (and adherence) and cross-functional teamwork. Manages to optimize business outcomes rather than departmental or functional outcomes.Works closely with shared WWR and LII IT organizations in the following areas:Develops and shares best practices Drives initiatives to reduce IT systems/solutions development/implementation cycle timeLeverages tools, processes, and templates developed by program management function to drive project/program executionWorks closely with infrastructure engineering and end user support teams to achieve the required service level attainment (SLA) and network redundancy/resilience goalsCo-ordinates and leads Quarterly HRP IT updates to communicate the cost, schedule, and risk mitigation plans for major IT programs/initiatives.Leads the development and periodic updates to HRP MGSP plans by working closely with business unit (BU) leaders/teams within HRP.Develops annual IT budget for HRP, i.e. both for dedicated resource requirement as well as shared resources required to execute the plan, per WWR overall annual budget timeline.Leverages global IT resources to execute projects.Ensures HRP is compliant with all corporate and government guidance/legislation on IT security infrastructure requirements.Qualifications
A talented technology and business partner who is especially strong leading in a matrix environment. This leader will have demonstrated outstanding execution capabilities in the areas of e-commerce, supply chain and distribution systems, and manufacturing systems. As such, the successful candidate will have strong IT technical capability, and will understand the interplay of technology and business outcomes; and will have particularly strong business process knowledge/experience in a product manufacturing and distribution industry.
This individual will have experience managing a matrixed technology team in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Other key qualifications include:
- Exceptional IT leadership experience in managing multiple business constructs and products across an array of business unit market priorities.
- A track record of success in managing a team focused on projects/programs/transformational initiatives, yielding consistent delivery and meeting business objectives.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in developing/deploying and sustaining activities of Information Technology systems and solutions. The successful candidate need not have experience within the HVACR industry, but it would be a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in leading a business-focused IT team in a manufacturing company.
- Capable of delivering IT solutions with a proven record of ROI.
- Capable of identifying risks and opportunities for and IT and systems enhancements.
- Experience and expertise in both Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership.
- Collaborative and team-oriented leadership style with experience influencing diverse components of a company.
- Strong business / financial acumen – ability to make balanced decisions that meet customer needs, financial objectives, time to market, and quality.
- Effective communication skills at all levels in the organization
- Unquestioned character and integrity. A highly credible and ethical individual who can build trusting relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Results-oriented, motivated individual who enjoys working in a hands-on, fast-paced and high-performance environment.
Business Process Improvement