Refresh technicians are responsible for performing workstation installation in the field to support a 4 year life cycle. High pace environment installing workstations in the customer space.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Work in team environment to fulfill daily upgrade activity metrics in customer locations across many buildings.
• Responsible for installation process including preparing devices and accessories for daily deployment, upgrading workstations, completing required documentation, and ensuring decommissioned devices are returned to home site.
• Troubleshoot initial installation issues.
• Understand and execute customer service and installation practices.
• Technicians may be required to work after hours if mission critical situations arise.
• Support tech field specialists and management with accurate refresh information.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Operate and manage company vehicle (log mileage and gas receipts) when traveling to various customers sites.
• When needed, conduct site survey consisting of collecting (make, model, type, classification, and network connections). Travel to various customer sites to survey and collect information for workstations installation.
Conducting surveys, installing other conveyances, installing and configuring equipment, and scanning equipment. Needs to be able to crouch under desks, tight spaces. Needs to be able lift 35-50 lbs.
Depending on assignment, the work environment varies from an office environment to working in an environment that may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, grease, dirt, and standing water as well as temperature extremes and inclement weather.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Customer and Personal Service:
TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
• Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival
• Familiar with current workstations and hardware setups or ability to learn new workstations hardware and software configurations.
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues when working in the field.
• Ability to learn customer Enterprise Tools.
• Ability to operate scanners.
• Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision and in a team environment.
• ESMT, Genesis, Strong Customer Service Communication skill, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
• Valid Driver’s License, Ability to drive 20FT box truck, willing to obtain DOC Cert, Lift 40 lb.
• Must be able to bend and squat many times during the work day while installing workstations at customer’s desk.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
3 – 5 years progressive and relevant experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
- Microsoft Excel
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Microsoft Power Point