Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- As a member of Sargent & Lundy's Environmental Technology and Permitting team, you will utilize your academic background and experience to conduct evaluations and reviews of existing energy and industrial facilities to prepare comprehensive reports assessing proposed upgrades, modifications, and equipment/system replacements. You will also define, evaluate, and implement complex environmental compliance and permitting projects.
- The position will offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of engineering and environmental systems, and to work with multi-disciplined project teams to:
- Evaluate and review the design of air and water quality control projects for the energy and industrial markets.
- Evaluate and review the design and economics of various carbon capture technologies in both the energy and industrial markets.
- Evaluate and review the design of conventional and innovative carbon utilization technologies including enhanced oil recovery, sequestration, and others.
- Prepare preliminary engineering studies for modifying and retrofitting air quality control projects on existing energy and industrial facilities.
- Independently verify the design of vendor-supplied equipment.
- Analyze technical issues, prepare accompanying system specification data, mass and heat balances, and present your findings and proposals to clients and peers.
- Evaluate the impact of legislation and regulatory initiatives with respect to air and water quality controls for new and existing energy and industrial sources.
- Prepare complex environmental compliance evaluations and environmental permit applications, and interface with federal, state and local permitting agencies.
- As a member of the Environmental Technology and Permitting team, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing work priorities on a daily basis for multiple projects and responding to requests from project managers.
- Maintaining and enhancing your knowledge and understanding of industry standards and specifications, control system design, and new technology developments.
- Developing your career via peer-learning and knowledge sharing with other engineers and participating in S&L\u2019s System of Processes and our associated \u201cCommunities of Practice.\u201d
- Participating in industry code committees and conferences.
- You will have the opportunity to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews, travel to plant site locations for field verification of designs, and attend/present at technical conferences.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Certified Case Manager
- Chemical Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Control Systems