To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network and Systems Administrator - Atlanta
DLH • Atlanta, GA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DLH is a trusted provider in the Federal space of technology-enabled healthcare and public health services, medical logistics, and readiness enhancement services to military service members, veterans, children and families, and our at-risk and underserved communities. We have two main offices and staff that span across the entire United States. We leverage the latest technologies for our IT Infrastructure to include cloud solutions, advanced security measures, mobile workforce and more. Our operations and environments follow industry best practices and numerous Federal regulations.
The Network and Systems Administrator will report to our Sr. Systems Administrator. This position will ensure proper network, server and computing operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving system, hardware, software and network related issues, as well as end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level. Additionally, technical support will span equipment and user locally and across our main office locations and mobile workforce. This is a unique opportunity that combines hands-on experience, operational effectiveness, network and systems administration, and an environment with the latest state-of-the-art cloud technologies, enterprise, and DevOps platforms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform hands-on fixes at the server level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform fixes at the network device level (switches, routers, firewalls) including installing patches, backing up configurations and testing changes
- Installation, administration, maintenance and support of hardware, software, mobile devices, and various peripherals
- Administration and maintenance of multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure. Includes account creation, group membership and resource management.
- Administration and maintenance of the enterprise Windows server environment. Includes but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, file, web and application servers.
- Administration and maintenance of remote access configurations such as VPN
- Configure and deploy server builds in accordance with project and infrastructure needs.
- Create and manage virtual infrastructure using VMWare ESXi and Hyper-V
- Recommend and execute Windows server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Routine Enterprise LAN/WAN environment audit and monitoring. Proactive vulnerability testing and general administration of firewall and security policies/configurations to mitigate and prevent security risks
- Proactive review and maintenance of Enterprise network operations to ensure operational security and efficiency
User Support and Ticket Management:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users.
- Utilize screen sharing tools to help resolve desktop issues.
- Install and administer anti-spam and anti-virus software and tools.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Provide mobile device support (iOS, Android)
- Diagnose and resolve application, hardware and LAN/Wi-Fi network connectivity issues.
- Responsible for Active Directory user account, Exchange mailbox support and administration.
- Office 365 account provisioning and management. Includes Skype for Business Online account creation and password reset.
- Administration and support for multi-site VoIP networks. Includes change, add and modifications.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
- Candidate should have 5+ years of administration and support of an enterprise Active Directory and Windows server environment
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Must have knowledge of IT business and information environments and be able to implement recommended improvements to the data architectures and networks in support of the business environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, as well as work independently.
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies with a keen attention to detail.
- Participate in audit activities as needed including review and remediation.
- Ability to work after hours and on-call weekend rotation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Values diversity of talents, skills and backgrounds that others bring to the team.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web, Cloud and user support.
- Advanced experience with Security, Layer Two & Three Switching, VLANs, VPN’s.
- Advanced knowledge of routing (BGP, OSPF, HSRP, and VRF).
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ACI and ISE strongly desired.
- Knowledge of network Load balancing technologies (F5) preferred.
Formal Education and Certification:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or a related field and/or 4+ years’ equivalent work experience.
- Certifications to include CCNP, MCSA, MOS, MCSE Desktop, MCSE Server.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience providing desktop, network and end user support
Technology Knowledge and Experience:
- Windows 7-10, Microsoft Server 2008-2012, Microsoft Exchange 2007-2013, Microsoft Office suites 2010-2016, Skype for Business, Microsoft Active Directory account management.
- Experience with TCP/IP, Active Directory, SharePoint, IIS, SQL, Exchange and basic networking concepts required.
- Strong background in virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere ESXi, Hyper-V desired.
- Strong troubleshooting skills including networks and client/server communication.
- Extensive application support experience with Cisco VoIP, NICE, Oracle, Microsoft, McAfee, Symantec NetBackup and IBM. Strong experience with current versions of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and Lync/Skype for Business.
- Experience with Cloud providers: GCP, Azure, AWS (Paas/IaaS/SaaS configurations)
- Help Desk tools such as Zoho and Remedy Force
- Experience in LAN, WAN design and implementations
- Experience with a variety of Cisco network equipment (switches, ASA series security devices, Meraki Wi-Fi access points)