To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Homewod, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Experienced Market Accountant
Apex Systems • Homewod, AL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is looking for a Staff Accountant to work with an enterprise level company in Birmingham, AL. This position is a full time permanent position. If you are interested, please send an updated resume to Katie Thomas at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Perform substantive analytical review of financial statements, with the goal of becoming an expert on facility financial operations
- Communicate with facility and field leadership on monthly financial results and answer questions about said results as necessary
- Perform various facility-related accounting activities within prescribed time schedules and guidelines
- Perform month end close procedures including preparing and recording manual and recurring journal entries
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Prepare and resolve outstanding issues on account reconciliations and perform account analysis
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with assigned facilities and team members
- Analyze monthly and Quarterly Cash Flow of assigned Facilities and prepare related partnership Distributions
- Understand and maintain strict adherence to internal controls over financial reporting
- Review the work of others for appropriate documentation and accounting guidelines
- Assist in Team/Company initiatives
- Exhibit leadership skills through coaching continuum, critical self-review, motivation, self-confidence and self-discipline
Total education, vocational training and experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of management and facility personnel
- 2+years Financial Statement preparation and in-depth analysis.
Additionally, candidate should possess strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to effectively navigate a rapidly changing environment. Candidate must be able to work independently and efficiently, with acute attention to details and deadlines. Candidate should have a can-do, will-do attitude, with the ability to influence others towards positive results and actions. Further, candidate must demonstrate teamwork and partnership across multiple different lanes and have the ability to interact professionally with Company officers and directors.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178