To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alpharetta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior PM/Scrum Lead
TSYS • Alpharetta, GA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
- Manages projects or initiatives from initiation to delivery, so the projects are completed on time, with quality, and within budget.
- Participates in planning and forecasting exercises based on team capacity and resource availability, and implements an operational plan for completing projects as well as monitoring progress and performance against it.
- Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues in order to minimize delays.
- Acts as a liaison with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project.
- Conducts project meetings, and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Facilitates internal and external communication, removes impediments, and serves as the intermediary between multiple product owners, managers, and team members.
- Works with stakeholders to identify and establish priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones and ensures project is delivered to the internal and/or external client’s satisfaction.
- Provides agile-based project deliverables and facilitates the team's work to accelerate delivery of business value by ensuring adherence to Scrum methodologies and processes.
- Facilitates the Scrum process of Release Planning, Sprint Planning for multiple product owners, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Leverages best practices to apply both Agile and Waterfall methodologies as appropriate to manage internal and external client expectations; sets the example for project management methods based upon the designated principles and ensures they are understood and exercised appropriately within the team.
- Facilitates the Scrum process to include; Daily Scrum Stand-up meetings, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
- Provides updates on the team's status and removes impediments to increase the probability of success in each Sprint.
- Establishes a team environment by building trust and creating transparency.
- Administers the day to day progress of Agile.
- Uses a collaborative approach while driving decisions.
- Holds team accountable to ensure they are successfully collaborating and adapting to project and cultural shifts.
- Maintains positive relationships with IT and internal customers to help facilitate effective completion of project work.
- Assists with prioritization and identifying defects.
- Promotes and participates in the continuous improvement of structure, processes and tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value.
- Adopts an understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented.
- Develops and uses analytical skills to identify sources of impediments.
- Generally works across internal functional areas and/or works with external stakeholders
- Manages projects that typically require making simple to moderately complex customizations to standard processes and plans, and creates and manages project plans that may or may not include standard templates
- Manages project plans in which the solution or product, for the most part, exists but there is a need for a simple to moderately complex modification to meet the business requirement
- Manages and monitors time, scope and cost for the project based on the identified requirements.
- Collaborates, negotiates, and manages issues to resolution.
- Gathers project sizing information from appropriate teams, and ensures all projects are properly and accurately estimated and timely billed
- Monitors and tracks to the budget
- Works under the direction of leadership to plan, forecast and manage resource capacity and deliverables
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in a related field of study from an accredited university. Additional related TSYS experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Experience Required
- Project management experience preferably within an established IT project management office or serving as a project manager for an Information Technology department. Minimum of 2 years Agile experience.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Strong knowledge of Agile approaches, previous experience with Agile tools and techniques.
- Other Agile project management certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Communication - Has expert communication, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Has highly developed time management skills to manage competing priorities. Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities.
- Issue Resolution - Has highly developed negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve unusual issues within and external to the team.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.