5775 S Transit Road, Lockport, NY 14094
URL blocked - click to apply
Automotive Parts Counter Person
Heinrich Chevrolet is a family-owned new car dealership with over 40 years of experience in the Western New York area. We have a reputation for providing our customers with superior service during their entire ownership experience.
We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and community. We value our employees and invest in their success. We are seeking a Parts Counter Person to fill parts requests for internal and external customers.
- Competitive hourly pay
- Monthly bonus
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Ongoing training program
- Family-like work environment
- Opportunities for career advancement!
Essential Duties - Parts Counter Person:
- Retrieve and sell new and replacement automotive parts
- Assist external and internal customers by listening to and clarifying requests; identifying automotive parts; offering and explaining alternative solutions.
- Complete sales by entering purchased items into sales/inventory system; obtaining payment; adding purchase to credit account; issuing sales receipts.
- Maintain parts inventory by verifying supplies; placing orders when order-points are reached.
- Stock items by unpacking, arranging, and placing items in bins and on shelves; adjusting inventory system.
- Receive and inspect returned items; return payment; issue credit; re-pack and re-shelve items; return damaged items to supplier.
- Maintain safe and secure environment by following safety and security standards and procedures; complying with codes.
Qualifications - Parts Counter Person:
- Previous auto parts experience preferred.
- Previous GM experience a plus.
- We're looking for a ‘people-person’ with a friendly personality
- Great customer service, telephone and verbal communications skills are required
- Data Entry/Computer Skills
- Product knowledge
- Good vendor relationships
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Some lifting is required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.