Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Customer Service Representative, you will work in a call center environment under supervision to receive and process inbound calls from patients, providers and other medical staff. You will execute outbound calls or electronic tasks to assist with providing medical related services. You'll also assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills, facility locations and lab results. The role involves resolving routine to complex issues.
This call center is open 7 days a week 7:00am-10:00pm. You must be able to work any shift, including weekends
- Answers a minimum of 75 calls per day resolving moderate to complex issues
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care
- Receive and process expedite, stat and at - risk referral status
- Extreme high volume data entry
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints
- Review and processing of medication refills
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, providers, and internal medical personnel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in a customer service / call center or healthcare environment
- SHS training curriculum completed within 2 years of training
- Expanded knowledge and use of Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Must pass a Microsoft outlook and 60 min typing test
- This call center is open 7 days a week 7:00am-10:00pm. You must be able to work any shift, including weekends
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Medical Terminology
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products
- Training in a medical office or customer service related field
- CPT and ICD - 9 coding
- Able to demonstrate customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills in Windows environment
- Strong listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize call types
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Customer Service Representative, SMA, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada