To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Olive, NC 28365
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Butterball, LLC • Mount Olive, NC
Posted 27 days ago
Oversees production processes are operating in a safe, efficient, and effective manner while striving for continuous process improvements to achieve quality level production to meet customers' needs. Serves as a change agent by influencing, communicating and driving a culture of inclusivity, process improvement, and lean production.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
Directs, coaches and develops supervisory and production team members to align their work with long-term goals and company initiatives for optimum performance
Serves as a role model and initiates proactive actions to ensure team’s understanding of and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines (including USDA, OSHA, DOL, EEOC, etc.)
Responsible for team’s adherence to manufacturing protocols, product specifications, quality guidelines, safety standards
Champions process improvement and lean manufacturing activities by working with supporting functions to implement change
Responsible for operation layout, automation improvements, budgeting and cost improvements
Conducts routine scanning of department to identify and solve problems (e.g. equipment operations, processes, etc.) and takes immediate action to eliminate improper practices or hazardous conditions
Organizes production activities and coordinate work of assigned plant personnel in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner to ensure internal and external customer needs are met
Tracks key indicators of the production team's performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, labor costs, and industrial accidents and ensure expectations are met or exceeded
Directs HACCP plan to achieve USDA requirements and guides in bird related issues
- Develop, manage and complete departmental project work linked to company objectives and goals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational, problem solving, and critical thinking skills to prioritize workload and delegate responsibilities as needed
Decisive with strong interpersonal skills and is adept at leading and motivating
Strong knowledge of USDA regulations, HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points), SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), SSOP (Standard Sanitary Operational Procedure) and requirements; or ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
Knowledge of BRC practices and standards; or ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
Strong knowledge with operations metrics, such as yields, lbs. /birds per man hours (PMH), line speeds, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills at both the strategic and functional level
- Strong attention to detail
Basic math skills(e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as necessary to ensure efficiency of operation.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Poultry, Animal or Food Science or related field preferred
- 5 years of manufacturing leadership experience required
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification desired
- Knowledge and familiarity with automated manufacturing process/packaging technology is an asset
- Advanced Safety training, HACCP training/certifications, continuous improvement skills, experience as a leader with a multi-faceted team preferred
- Experience in poultry/meat food manufacturing preferred