To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4000 International Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Software Developer (Java)
Securus Technologies Inc • Carrollton, TX
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Contributes on all phases of the development life cycle of Securus applications, including: design, development, and QA support.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables
- Analyze business requirements and estimate level of effort
- Participate in reviewing technical requirements and interface specifications
- Develop solutions using Java and other open source technologies for both front end and back end requirements
- Create and perform Unit and Integration tests
- Support deployment activities
- Collaborate with Product Management, QA, and Production Support to meet requirements and work within existing architecture to provide the best technical solution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Java
- Exposure to Spring frameworks
- JDBC/SQL/Relational Databases (i.e. MySQL or Oracle)
- Gradle based Java build tools
- Subversion, GIT
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to take total ownership of assigned components
- Team Player and a self-starter
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and develop proof of concepts
- Aptitude for learning new technologies. (Elastic, Hazelcast, node.js, MongoDB)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of development experience with (GIT, Java, SQL, and HTML)
- Application Server experience including Tomcat and JBoss
- Experience with continuous Integration Tools (i.e. Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins)
- Agile Methodology and Scrum Experience
- Experience with code quality tools including Sonar, Selenium, Mockito
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.