To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Commerce Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Commodity Hedging Accounting Analyst
Smithfield Foods Inc • Smithfield, VA
Posted 18 days ago
The Commodity Hedging Accounting Analyst is responsible for analyzing and researching information on particular commodity markets relevant to Smithfield. This position will work closely with the Commodities Team in expanding reporting and analysis.Responsibilities
- Develop and manage consolidated commodity hedging reports.
- Work in conjunction with Finance and Accounting to ensure compliance with company policies and protocols; provide data analysis support to the hedging team.
- Analyze financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions and communicate results to appropriate parties.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments by analyzing information from various sources to make informed decisions pertaining to the business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting, required.
- Experience working in a commodity related role and understanding of the agri-business environment a plus.
- Strong analytical, logic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret/communicate results.
- Demonstrated knowledge and working ability of Microsoft Office Suite: highly proficient in Excel with the ability to run extensive and complex reports and queries.
- Must possess independent decision-making abilities; strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.