To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Account Manager - NorCal Produce (Bay Area Territory)
United Natural Foods, Inc. • West Sacramento, CA
Posted 25 days ago
**Sales territory for this role is in the Bay Area (East Bay, South Bay, Santa Cruz, etc) ***
Within designated geographic territories, identify, qualify, and recruit potential new customers, as well as work with existing large customers. Prepare plans, present to customers and develop new business opportunities. Become a consultant, negotiator and partner to existing and new customer base.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and coordinate sales efforts through direct and indirect channels.
- Develop and implement national account strategies/plans in concert with sales plan and business goals.
- Achieve established target revenues.
- Assist VP National Sales on projects and plans to target potential new business and existing business growth rates.
- Build and maintain regular contact with existing clients to develop and further cultivate business relationships, provide service and uncover additional revenue opportunities.
- Assist in building a strong sales pipeline of well qualified revenue opportunities.
- Assist with trade show follow-up, seminars, mailings, and call campaigns as required.
- Properly execute necessary paperwork in a timely manner to process customer orders.
- Respond to customer inquiries and ensure that customer comments, problems, complaints and requests are resolved and/or forwarded to an appropriate individuals).
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Ability to demonstrate high level of personal initiative to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to develop and execute sales strategies and account planning to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Able to successfully drive new business and close sales.
- Reliable, self-starter and highly motivated sales professional with strong work ethic.
- Proven customer service excellence.
- Proactive with excellent follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal, oral/written communication skills.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization.
- Ability to be comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture.
- Excellent attention to detail; good problem solving skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Professional personal presence and appearance according to industry standards.
- Ability to present complex topics in an engaging manner to a group of business professionals at all levels of an organization.
- Comfortable in making group / corporate presentations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to appropriately and effectively prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales team environment or home office with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competent computer skills, including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
College degree or equivalent training and experience. 10+ years sales/account management plus min. 5 years documented experience achieving new business development revenue objectives within perishable food industry; organics preferred. Competent computer skills, including MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Must possess a commitment to work varied hours to accomplish tasks and travel as required. Bilingual English/Spanish helpful. Must have valid driver’s license.