Shift your Career into Gear and join the Pep Boys Service Team, Today!!!
*We offer full benefits, competitive pay (including bonuses), provide training for career advancement and will pay for ASE Certifications!*
Our Assistant Service Manager supports the service and tire team under the direction of the Service Manager by driving sales across service labor, parts, tires, and fleet business and providing essential selling and task support to ensure that the service repair business is organized, store operations are running efficiently, and shop productivity is maintained to company standards. Every day is different and fast-paced.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work for any employer within the United States
- Have a Valid, Driver's License (Provisional Licenses not accepted)
- Have the ability to pass Criminal, Educational, Driving and Work History Background Checks
- Have the ability to pass a "Hair Follicle" Drug Test (See Below)**
**(Requires a minimum of 1.5 inches of hair anywhere on the scalp or body to sample and detects ANY usage within the last 90 days. Prescription medications are acceptable, though documentation from a Doctor/Pharmacy will be required upon time of test)
- At least one (1) year of automotive service industry experience and a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience
- Must be willing/able to work opening shift/days, closing shift/nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to meet physical demands
- Must possess strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems and be able to handle difficult customer situations
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Assist the Store Manager of Parts in developing and maintaining commercial customer accounts. Maintains relationship with the Commercial Account Manager (CAM) to partner on outside sales support needs.
- Key-holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities, including acting as the primary supervisor for the store staff, observing and coordinating operational activities in the absence of the Service Manager.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager of Service, assists in various aspects of customer care, work order and register assistance, facility maintenance, and merchandising activities, including tire related stocking. Ensures service equipment is in proper working order and housekeeping standards are followed according to SSC direction and instruction.
- Follows all policies and procedures related to all point of sale (POS) transactions, inventory integrity, reverse logistics, cash, credit, check, refund and return policies and purchase for re-sale parts (OP) procurement and vendor payment practices.
- Works with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Drives sales goals for the service center operation, both through personal engagement with customers and by observing and coaching the advisors on their customer interactions.
- Assist the Store Manager of Service in training and coaching service selling associates on "Pep Boys Customer Care Process," Courtesy Vehicle Inspections (CVIs), and general operation of store systems. Performs CVIs and other service-related tasks as qualified and directed.
- Assist in monitoring the shop productivity, workflow, and procedures with an emphasis on efficiency, thoroughness, and safety. Help with the day-to-day operations of the back shop, such as ensuring that the service staff complete CVIs through associate observations.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you meet the general requirements listed above and are interested in joining and growing with our team, please apply today and a Pep Boys Recruiter will be in touch very soon.