Transit Mechanics needed inWoodland, CA.
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for theirFixed Route and Paratransit service serving the Woodland, CA location.We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev atWoodland, CAand become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance
- Medical Benefits available after 30 days!
- Career advancementopportunities owing to Transdevs presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Discounts & Memberships
- Bonus(up to $3,000)paid yearly forASEcertifications
- $1,000+ Employee Bonus Program
- Adjust and reline air and hydraulic brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Align front ends (where applicable) and service suspension systems
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions
- Must be qualified to disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, diagnostic equipment and software, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Operate valve-grinding machines to grind and reset valves (where applicable)
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Must be qualified to remove, install or rebuild diesel engines
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels. Able to work on multiplex systems
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Must be qualified to repair and maintain parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems, turbochargers
- Test drive trucks and buses to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly and have appropriate drivers license for facilities needs or the ability to obtain one
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Other duties as directed and or assigned, to include and to ensure the safe operation and efficiency of the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must exhibit both written and spoken communication skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must complete and sign the Transdev employment application in its entirety.
- An unjustified refusal to supply requested information or a falsification of information will result in the elimination of the applicant for consideration for employment.
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history. Employment history must be verified with all employers listed on the application and must include the past 10 years of employment, when applicable.
- You must sign a background release form.
Mechanic C: Less than 2 years experience
The Mechanic C must be able to diagnose and repair some of the diesel, CNG, gasoline, electric and other alternative fueled vehicles and equipment in service with supervision. The Mechanic C must be capable and willing to learn more difficult tasks from Mechanics A and B. He/she must possess a CDL license with air brakes and a passenger endorsement or have the ability and willingness to obtain one. Mechanic C must be willing to work under direct supervision. Shall pass at least two H or T series ASE certifications within 120 days of being placed in the Mechanic C position.
Mechanic B: 3-4 years experience
The Mechanic B must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair all diesel, CNG, gasoline, electric and other alternative fueled vehicles and equipment in service with minimal supervision. Mechanic B must be able to teach C Mechanics, as time permits, repair techniques that are not routine in nature. He/she must demonstrate mechanical proficiency and mentoring capabilities. Mechanic B must be able to work with minimal supervision. He/she must posses a CDL license with air brakes and a passenger endorsement or have the ability and willingness to obtain one. The Mechanic B must possess 609 air conditioning certification and at least four H or T series ASE certifications of which two must include H2, T2, T4 or H4 within 120 days of being placed in the Mechanic B position. A 608 air conditioning certification is preferred.
Mechanic A: 5 or more years experience
Mechanic A must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair the most difficult of all diesel, CNG, gasoline, electric and other alternative fueled vehicles and equipment in service with minimal supervision. Mechanic A must be able to teach Mechanics B and C, as time permits, more complex repair techniques. He/she must demonstrate superior mechanical skills and mentoring capabilities. Mechanic A must possess a CDL license with air brakes and a passenger endorsement or have the ability and willingness to obtain one. Additionally, optimally, he/she will possess 609 and 608 air conditioning certificates and at least seven H or T series ASE certifications of which two must consist of T6, T7, H6, or H7, within 120 days of being placed in the Mechanic A position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable an individual with disabilities in order to perform these essential functions.
- 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- 90% of work is accomplished open garage facility/outdoors.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
The job requirements and duties outlined in this document may be subject to change to meet the needs of each property location.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Email blocked - click to apply or Phone number blocked - click to apply.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10475
Position Category Maintenance/Mechanics/Parts/Utility/Materials
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 735
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services