To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GAF • Dallas, TX
Posted 4 days ago
The Dallas, TX facility has an opening for an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the follow task:
- Adhere to all Safety policies and maintain a safe working environment.
- Work in a neat and orderly manner and be responsible for safety and good housekeeping at all times.
- Install, troubleshoot, inspect, and repair AC motors, AC/DC controls, conduit, and wire.
- Install, program, maintain and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLCs. (PLC5, SLC, CLX)
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot servos and servo drives. (Kinetix, Ultra)
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot variable frequency drives. (VFD’s)
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot industrial networks. (ControlNet, HART, Ethernet)
- Test, inspect, calibrate, install, troubleshoot, and repair analog and digital instrumentation and monitoring devices such as Level Indicators, Flow Meters, Scales, Viscometers, Densimeters, Pressure Transducers, Thermocouples and Motion Control equipment.
- Work with infrared, ultrasonic, and other applicable predictive technologies, as well as WonderWare/HMI, Virtual Machine, Industrial Networking, ThinManager/ThinClient and other analytic computer software tools to prevent, identify, diagnose, and repair faults in control logic or equipment and to improve operational performance and reliability.
- Must be able to use and maintain any tools, meters, and shop equipment required to perform tasks.
- Assist with maintaining accurate storeroom, calibration, and historical records.
- Perform the duties of this job as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor to further improve the performance of plant systems.
- Participate in continuing professional development and training processes.
Job Requirements Include:
- Two year technical degree in electronics, instrumentation, industrial controls or robotics or 5 plus years demonstrable experience with such. Preferred candidate will have the two year technical degree and 2 to 3 years hands on experience.
- Able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays depending on production requirements.
- Able to provide own tools and toolbox.
- Must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple physical variables in everyday situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external technical resources.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a team or independently to achieve objectives.
- Able to successfully pass background and drug screen.