Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Metal Process Specialist is responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of presses and equipment to customer specifications. The Process Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on press equipment to ensure minimal downtime. Additionally, maintain equipment and prevent failures by suggesting and implementing improvement plans. He or she will coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure good production and quality through problem solving and continuous
- Responsible for maintaining process controls of presses and equipment
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure optimum utilization and performance
- Monitor and troubleshoot press operations to ensure minimal downtime
- Test, troubleshoot, and oversee implementation of new processes
- Install press and turnover fingers
- Maintain press speed levels
- Verify first piece is released and that it meets quality standards utilizing various gauges and check fixtures
- Fill out Production Reports and ensure that lot-control is complete.
- Read and follow set-up instructions to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine set-up; Ensure process flow per operational requirements
- Check parts for proper tolerances, surface defects, dimensions and make necessary adjustments
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
- Periodically review conveyors to prevent jamming of scrap
- Review run documents such as release records, visual aids, packaging standards, process sheets, ensuring that everything is in order and updated.
- Assist in performing die changes
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and strong machine troubleshooting skills
- Transfer and automatic press operation and set-up experience required
- Possess basic computer and mathematical skills sufficient to perform press operations and related tasks
- Ability to properly use measuring tools, gauges and fixtures
- Ability to safely operate overhead crane and forklift in close quarters
- Safety and environmental training and experience
- Ability to work effectively alone and able to work afternoons or night shift
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- At least ten years of running auto progress dies and transfer dies.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- This position may require hot work, standing up to 100%, overhead work, kneeling, bending, crawling, pushing, pulling, climbing, and working at heights.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Packaging And Labeling
Complex Problem Solving
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)