To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Temple, TX
- Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation
- Phone: (502) 855-4316
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation • Temple, TX
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Great things are happening at Metal Sales and our Temple branch. Join us as our Transportation Manager and be on the ground floor as we embark on some exciting changes in our Transportation department!
The Transportation Manager is a key member of the branch leadership team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Transportation Manager oversees and manages branch transportation operations. Those responsibilities involve truck routing, driver payroll, operational and financial reporting, maintenance coordinator, driver logs, carrier negotiation, customer service, and supervision of Drivers.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Managing the Temple branch's in-house transportation fleet (9-12 Drivers) by developing a productive and cost effective shipping and trucking schedule and partnering with common carriers as needed
- Monitoring and maintaining all transportation records including driver logs, fuel receipts, and vehicle maintenance schedules
- Providing world-class customer service to Metal Sales customers inquiring about delivery status
- Creating department operating budgets, standard operating procedures, and other administrative support such as yearly performance evaluations, scheduling, and payroll
- Fostering a great place to work environment for direct reports (Truck drivers and Loaders) by recruiting top talent, coaching, training, and supporting the transportation team
- Ensuring the team works in a safe environment by following all Metal Sales safety policies, conducting quarterly Driver safety meetings, and adhering to all regulations established by Federal and State governing bodies
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Two years in a management/supervisory role preferably in the trucking industry and/or shipping receiving
- Extensive knowledge of Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) rules and regulations and working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Associate's degree in logistics or related field or two years equivalent transportation supervision/management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software platforms
- A desire to work in a hands-on team oriented environment with a "can do" attitude
What we can offer you:
- Great work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision - effective on your first day
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness program
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V