Ensures optimal functioning of all equipment and machinery while performing corrective and preventative maintenance. Installs new equipment and verifies functionality, troubleshoots breakdowns, and makes emergency repairs under the direction of the Senior Maintenance Tech Supervisor. **OUR MANUFACTURING AND WAREHOUSE AREAS ARE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED BY HVAC**
- Locates malfunctions through close observation of machinery, utilizing test instruments and knowledge of machine operation.
- Manually cleans/dismantles/replaces/repairs defective machines and electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic components of machinery and equipment.
- Visually and/or manually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate cause(s) of malfunctions.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots and programmable controllers.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in an efficient manner.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Reads blueprints, ladder logic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot machines.
- Use equipment such as forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, hoists, chains, straps or slings to pick up, move or locate equipment or machinery.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Documents all repairs/resolutions in a CMMS database.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Utilizes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) to assist in troubleshooting logic/control malfunctions, monitor and modify ladder/program and upload/download between PC/laptop and PLC.
- Verify proper set up of machines or robots and manually operates to verify malfunctions or success of repairs.
- Responsible for mentoring Level I Techs and teaching them various policies, procedures and repair techniques.
- Recognize and report potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions to the Sr Maintenance Tech Supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining and creating preventative & corrective procedures/processes and checklists for production equipment.
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities by attending workshops, classes, online courses, or other programs.
- May serve as a liaison with vendors.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In this position you may be required to:
- Constantly use hands.
- Frequently walk, stand, bend at the neck, squat, repetitively use hands, use hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation, lift/carry up to 10 lbs..
- Occasionally sit, bend at the waist, climb, kneel, crawl, twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands for power grasping, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, lift/carry up to 50 lbs..
- Drive cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment (scissor lift, boom lift).
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Walk on uneven ground.
- Be exposed to excessive noise.
- Be exposed to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals.
- Work at heights.
- Operate foot controls or use repetitive foot movement.
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 or 4 year certificate from a college or technical school; or 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years of preventative or corrective maintenance experience in one or more of the following plastics manufacturing processes: Injection Molding, inline Sheet Extrusion, inline Thermo-forming, or Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) / Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) shape molding.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and hydraulic prints or schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to learn to operate one or more of Cambro's motor vehicle equipment: electric or propane-fueled forklift, scissor lift, boom lift.
- Previous experience in corrective and/or preventative maintenance and troubleshooting with:
- Haitian 2 and 3 platen injection molding machines and/or JSW hydraulic or electric injection molding machines
- Star robots
- Lyle inline thermoforming
- Davis-Standard inline sheet extrusion
- Akkaya EPP/EPS shape molding machines
- Universal Dynamics (Una-Dyn) material handling equipment and/or Novatec material handling equipment
- Experienced in operating forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Injection Molding
- Plastic Materials
- Forklift Truck