$14.25 to $16.50 hourly
A client working with OfficeTeam is in need of a new Logistics Dispatcher. In your role as the Logistics Dispatcher, the responsibility for working with clients coordinating shipments is important. This position is also responsible for performing a heavy amount of data entry and utilizing customer service skills. You should also be able to take responsibility for the processing of customer orders, including coordination with vendors and arranging shipments as the Logistics Dispatcher. Act now and apply today! This long-term temporary employment opportunity is based in the Chesapeake, Virginia area.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Follow-up with carriers, as necessary
- Check freight bills and process bills of lading
- Watch, trace, and help dispatch & progress of orders on time and to meet delivery requirements
- Stick to guidelines for approving carriers
- Disclose and harmonize with inventory and sales management; warehouse; logistics for service changes
- Perform various administrative duties
- Inbound Shipments experience
- Knowledge of Transportation Logistics
- Ability to complete general office work, operate basic office equipment, and route incoming materials
- Are you looking for work that requires experience in purchasing, inventory control, transportation and warehousing functions?
- 2+ years' experience with shipping/logistics
- Customer service oriented communication skills
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/officeteam to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Logistics Dispatcher.