EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SATCOM Engineer. Follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SATCOM Engineer on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a SATCOM Engineer. This position will be located at our office in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Implements SATCOM solutions for DoD customer requirements.
- Configure, monitor and maintain routers, firewalls, switches and servers
- Configure ipsec tunnels and other vpn solutions as necessary
- Own and resolve complex technical issues with operations of satellite networks
- Perform system end to end testing of satellite networks
- Work with partner network engineers to resolve anomalies, formulate network architectures and provide best practices for network engineering
- Assists partner SATCOM equipment evaluation, integration, and procurement activities
- Maintains Product Quality and Configuration Management records
- Performs systems and component acceptance testing
- Supports Business Development activities as needed including demonstration and test events
- Tests and Evaluates SATCOM components and integrates the same into proposed solutions.
- Maintains lab equipment and coordinates calibration.
- Works effectively with the customer, displays exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Field or combination of education and experience
- 8+ years relevant experience to include: military experience on similar complex SATCOM equipment
- Must be capable of obtaining and holding a U.S. government security clearance.
- Travel approx. 10%
- M&C systems and SNMP architecture and Network Management Systems
- Understanding of cloud solutions particularly AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with network security tools i.e. Tenable, splunk, and other industry network security tools
- Communications systems
- RF systems/SATCOM troubleshooting
- Understands spectrum management and planning
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
- Ability to effectively interact with management, technical resources, and sales personnel
- Excellent organizational and team skills
- Ability to read and interpret procedures, work instructions, schematics, diagrams, and assembly instructions.
- Experience working in a military environment.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to travel, interface directly with the customer, work independently or as part of a team, and provide written status to management.
- Experience with MS Office products including Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, and Visio
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Amazon Web Services
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Development
- Cloud Computing