To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Haven, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Distribution Center Manager
Owens & Minor, Inc. • New Haven, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Coordinates and manages all warehouse activities in a large distribution center (over $200 million in annual sales), including the receiving, warehousing, shipping and delivery of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Leads the hiring, development, and training of distribution center supervisory, warehouse, and driver teammates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinates the unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and picking and staging of outbound shipments.
2. Manages teammates that verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring all products are properly counted.
3. Manages the distribution center transportation fleet, including delivery expense, routing, DOT compliance, and hiring drivers.
4. Manages the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment. Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment, prepares work orders for equipment repair, and prepares requisitions for equipment replacement.
5. Establishes and manages teammates work schedules, ensuring correct implementation, effective assignment of jobs, and proper completion of scheduled jobs.
6. Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area and assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
7. Manages total adherence to all Federal and State statutes regarding warehouse operations, including DOH, Board of Pharmacy, DOT, FDA and OSHA regulations.
8. Coordinates the movement of products to storage areas with proper equipment, and ensures the efficient stacking and storing of merchandise in appropriate areas.
9. Coordinates and/or checks in product returns, and updates inventory balances on hand for inventory control. Ensures all practices and procedures comply with audit requirements and meet operational standards.
10. Confers with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities (production, sales, records control, purchasing, etc.).
11. Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
12. Supervises the accuracy of all shipping documents, and gathers and maintains all data records relative to shipping activities.
13. Screens, hires, and issues work assignments to warehouse teammates. Conducts, hires, develops, counsels, and provides training for new warehouse teammates.
14. Oversees process improvement and process management of all inbound receiving, put-away, picking, shipping and inventory control.
15. Manages and develops supervisory staff overseeing the warehouse teammates.
16. Maintains warehouse budget, controlling spending for supplies, warehouse labor, and transportation expenses.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Four year university degree required
- Four (4) plus years of direct supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Warehouse operations experience/exposure is highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong supervisory skills and experience
- Strong PC skills with a good understanding of Excel, Word, and Access software
- Basic quantitative/financial analysis skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to coach and counsel others
- Ability to communicate and relate to all audiences, internally and externally
- Ability to facilitate training needs
- Cost Management skills
- Ability to work various shifts