Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Software Developer to help us develop and enhance market-leading, web-based enterprise applications for the energy industry. Our small, distributed, and self-organizing teams employ Agile methodologies to create a fast-paced, high-performing software development environment. The ideal candidate will work with product management, service, support, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to design, implement, and test multi-tier web applications. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing development team that utilizes cutting-edge technologies to provide energy industry a leading production optimization software platform.
- Develop and maintain engineering software for use in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Contribute to the creation of system and product architecture, design, and interface definitions.
- Participate in change control decisions of products.
- Perform requirements analysis and decomposition to assist with defining product requirements and product conceptualization.
- Identify and assist in the management of intellectual property, third-party software, re-use, and compliance.
- Provide technical leadership to the organization and development team.
- Act as a technical consultant to Product Line Management, Support, Deployment, and Testing organizations, as well as to other development teams.
- Contribute significantly to product roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, and development status.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers to translate needs into requirements, to explain and resolve technical issues, and to present technical solutions.
- Define strategies, guidelines, and goals for integration of components, product testing, and acceptance testing.
- Responsible for providing technical oversight for the successful implementation and test of product features.
- Resolve complex product and system issues.
- Actively engage in process improvements and execution of established processes.
- Coach and mentor peers and junior engineers.
- Analyze requirements and architecture to perform design and implementation of software applications.
- Support the creation of documentation and training material.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming using C#
- Experience with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET
- Experience in software architectural design, design patterns
- Good knowledge in WCF and/or Web Services, Microservices
- Good knowledge in Entity Framework with SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others within a distributed team environment
- 5+ years of relative working experience with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in developing engineering software in energy industry
- MSCS or equivalent
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Architectural Design
- Business Process Improvement