National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board. We have an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor at our Richmond, CA plant location. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
The purpose of this position is to ensure a safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective operation through proper safeguards, operation and maintenance of plant equipment and facilities.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Supervise a maintenance team of mechanics and electricians.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in developing procedure and practices that will assist mechanical and electrical team members achieve maintenance objective shutdowns.
- Oversee obsolete inventory on a consistent basis.
- Work in close coordination with the Storeroom Clerk and Maintenance Manager.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to establish maintenance scheduled shutdowns.
- Oversee repair parts inventory to optimize cash flow and insure availability of repair parts.
- Focus on maintaining plant repair budget.
- Effectively oversee preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Look for opportunities in the current process and minimize maintenance costs.
- Willing to work beyond schedules to resolve problems, projects, and emergency repairs.
- Prepare estimates and complete appropriation requests for capital funds as needed.
- Complete capital projects as needed.
- Coordinate and direct contractor safety, insurance compliance and activities to insure timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
- Train, develop and motivate subordinates to achieve optimum performance and to prepare them for promotional opportunities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A strong commitment and focus on safety with zero tolerance for short cuts.
- Degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering a plus or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a heavy industrial maintenance environment.
- Previous supervisory leadership experience preferred.
- Self-directed individual. Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Strong root cause analysis with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, team development skills with a desire to lead with team input.
- Strong leadership abilities resulting in a productive and driven team environment.
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) and match
o Retirement Account
o Paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-term and long-term disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
• And more…
Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our company’s website to view all of our exciting employment opportunities at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Supervisor . Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Complex Problem Solving